Heavy Heart

I gaze out the window silently looking at the snowflakes fall to the ground. I miss him and them. I have max to keep me company instead of my best friend, my sister Eleven. It felt like there was a hole in my heart without her. You hear the door knock from downstairs, Dustin must've come back from the science fair. I rushed down to greet him, trying to smile and forget the pain.
'What's in the box weirdo' I said smiling
'An electromagnetic spectrometer'
' okayyy and what is that' I said smiling softly
'It measures the electromagnetic waves in an area and for some reason Hawkins has extra high levels of gamma ray radiation' He says meaningfully
'Okay so high gamma ray radiation causes the crazy shit that goes on is that what you're saying'
'It's just a hypothesis but I could test it around you' he says with a serious look.
'I don't know whether I feel comfortable being tested'
'Okay I would've asked El as I know how much you hate it but she's not here and she'd probably hate it too, PTSD or something.' He says
'I'll do it'
'Okay we can do it later and tell the others ,go get your walkie talkie'
'Okay' I say rushing upstairs and grabbing the talkie off my night stand.
I rush downstairs switching it to the right channel. Dustin immediately rushes over and starts calling into the talkie.
' We have a discovery guys, we might know why there were kids born with powers'
'Okay, why then dickwad' says Lucus through the talkie.
'Well I'll tell you guys when you get here' I say