Chapter 50: Right on target

" strike... your dead "

It did not take me long to reach the altilery room, which was located in the newer part of HQ. The halls around it covered in soldiers, trainees  showing off their new weapons and tools to one and other .

It was hard to believe that not to long ago I too walked this Hall's as a newbie, earning my tittle one kill at the time .

But back then it was Devin's father  the one in charge of making the weapons. He was the one that desing my original daggers , which had a specific length to them to make up for my small size at the time.

As I grew order they where modified over and over to fit my needs to the point that my most recent pair was made by Devin himself .

I walked to the entrance and looked in just to see Devin alone working on some arrow tips. He was so concentrated on his work he did not even notice my presence lingering at the doorstep

His dark bangs falling over his soft childlike features as some heavy framed glasses rested over his nose.

The way he inspected each arrow tip with such precition, made him seem so mature and collected. It was hard to remember he was only a teenager.

Yet his neck was bandaged up, and so where his wrists. A yellowish bruise linger on the side  of his head.

I narrowed my gaze in worry. Unlike and myself the boy was only human, so his wounds would take longer to heal.

By the sight of it it would be a couple of weeks before he could go into an other assignment with us. Yet there was a trail of worry in the back of my mind. If he took too long to heal, our superiors might assign him to an other team.

No... I could not have that...

I slowly walked closer to the boy, who had yet to notice my presence as I locked the door behind me.

I took a few more silent steps and when I was close enough I wrapped my arms around the boys middle.

Not knowing it was me, Devin swiftly moved his elbow back at full force aiming to hit me in the face, yet I held it with my hand as a chuckle escaped me

" Good ...you been keeping your guard up" I teased

Devin's expression shifted turning softer as he turned in my arms , wrapping his arms around my neck

" Seax " he said softly as he nuzzled his face on my collarbone as I held his small frame close to my own.

" How you feeling kid ? " I asked as i trailed my hand down the boys spine, making him shiver softly as a soft moan escapes his lips

" A lot better now that you are  here " he said his blue eyes locked on my own as his lips formed an adorable smile, making me press my body further on his

" Good enough to fuck ? " I asked lightly nibbeling on his earlobe as my fangs began to form

Devin's gaze dropped softly as he nibbled on his lip.  " our supperiors came to ask me how it went on our last mission. Thankfully Creed had my back and said I was useful. I was actually worried they would assign me to a different team"

" Nonsense I would not let them " I said coldly in a growl like tone as I pulled back and looked directly into the boys eyes

" Oh possessive " Devin chuckled innocently his eyes looking directly into mine "Yet I don't know how long it can keep up being human... You know ? It's like I could had jeperdize the whole mission if it came just to me. Yet I do thank you for not giving up on me "