Chapter 7 (Revised)

"Sadie, you should really let Michael go outside with you." Lindsay pleads, looking over at Mike.

He's looking out the window with an almost angry look.

"Ahh, no. If things get bad then he can come out. I think I can convince him to leave." I say

She nods and walks over to Mike, stepping out of the house on to the front steps of the house.

Nate standing in the yard with his boyish smile, looking like the guy I cared so much for. His hands in his pockets as he walks towards me,

"Hey," He gives me a smile, my heart almost wanting me to change my mind.

"Hi." I reply,

He steps forward with his arms open, wanting a hug. I step away from him,

His mouth turns down for a second only to be replaced by a smile.

"Come on, Sades. You know you want a hug." 

"Why are you here?" avoiding his advances, 

His eyebrows thread together,

"Always quick to the punch." He avoids the question.

My eyebrows crinkle at the vague answer. His face covering many emotions,

"I want you back!" He pleads.

"I told you how I felt, and you still showed up." I tell him,

My stomach turns in discomfort, my gut knows him being here is a bad idea.

Before he can try and change my mine, I know he needs to go home.

"You need to leave, Nate." I say with a stern look on my face,

His mouth drops, almost defeated. Except that's not what happens, he walks towards me with a creepy determined face.

"You want to be with me." He grabs my arm, just a little too tightly. I know I need Michael to come out here now.

I wring my arm free, and turn towards the house,that must have been enough. A second later Mike is walking out of the house.

Nate steps back looking at Mike. The look on his face contorting back to a smile.

"Hey, Nate." Mike says,

The look on Mike's face tells me to go inside, my body goes to follow his orders.

Walking back towards the front door, nothing seems to be happening. Turning to look at them while I close the door, Nate is trying to push past Mike to come inside.

Inside the house, Lindsay is asking questions. I recount what happened, every emotion washes over her face.

Michael walks back inside a minute later. Looking out the window, Nate looks mad driving away.

A ding from my phone grabs my attention, 

'You should have just talked to me.' He said

My eyes automatically roll, I did talk to him. 

I feel a warmth coming from behind me, their hand on my lower back.

"Hey," Nicole says with a tint of mint on her breath, I smile and turn around facing the short girl.

"Where'd you go?" She asked, not wanting to worry her, I shake my head.

"Just went for a walk," Smiling, I place a kiss on her cheek and walk over to Casey.

I sneak a glimpse and immediately regret it, her expression clearly states that she sees through my facade.

Casey rambles on, half listening half glancing at Nicole. She has rosy cheeks, and an almost contented smile.

Finally, convincing Casey to take a break. Walking away grabbing my phone to order some pizzas, Nicole walks into the kitchen.

"Hey," She says with an almost shy whisper,

"What's up?" I ask her, scanning her facial expression for anything wrong.

She either didn't hear or was ignoring my question, instead she walked towards me.

Stretching on her tippy toes, and wraps her arms around my neck. I feel her let out a warm exhale, for a second I thought she was going to kiss me. I'm sure I was imagining things, but I couldn't help but wish it would.

Shaking the thoughts away,

"Want to stay the night?" The words just fumbling out of my mouth, shaking my head to myself. Utter disbelief, I feel like a complete moron.

She smiles nodding her head, 

"Cool, Lindsay is staying too. Girls night." Digging my grave well past the standard six feet,

A small crease formed in her forehead. The second it was there, it was gone. She released me from her grasp and left the room.

The night went by with movies, and 3 bowls of popcorn. I must have fallen asleep watching Finding Nemo, because the second I opened my eyes. My head was in Nicole's lap and the end credits were rolling.

Sitting up, taking in the room. Spotting a sleeping heap of Lindsay on the sofa, I release a breath I don't realize I was holding.

"Hey," she whispers, her eyes on me.

A smile forms on my lips, and something resembling "hi" slips out.

Glancing at my watch the hands read 1:42, I see Nicole yawn in my peripheral.

"Ready for bed?" I ask,

She replies with a simple nod, and she falls asleep. Out like a light.

Knowing she can't sleep on the floor, I grab under her knees and her back, lifting her. The dark surrounding the room brings a need to get to bed. As I hussle, careful not to hit her head on anything. I lay her on my bed, pulling the covers over her.

Not wanting to overstep, I turn towards the door to sleep on the couch.

"Stay." A sleep laced voice whispers,

A smile again forming, I don't question her and half fell, half leapt on to the bed. Her arm draping over my stomach.

Just as easily as I was smiling, I was asleep. Her arms pulling me closer into her chest.

-------------------

Hey guys! Sorry this is taking so long, let me know what you think!!

Love you all!

Comment, and like!

Jb_249