Nellwyn? Can You Hear Me?

My name is Saraquel. My vessel is Jesselyn Spencer, an orphan. Before I left my daughter to find her father and beat some sense into him, I sat with her for an entire day. People gave me space, but I could feel them waiting at the door sometimes. My Nellwyn had killed Lucifer, and her powers were awakening. But no one had seen anything like this before. When they brought her to me, everything about her body told me she was dead. Her heart wasn't beating, she wasn't breathing, or moving. And as we laid her down on her bed, it took an hour before she sucked in a breath of air and coughed. But still, she didn't wake up.

I really looked at her now. My baby, my oldest girl. My last living child. She looked different. She was stronger, older. Her hair was cut short, she had pierced her ears. She looked just like me, well, more like my vessel than anything. But her outward appearance wasn't the only thing that had changed. She acted different too. With a strength and confidence I had never seen in my Nellwyn before. She brandished a gun as if everything were just her target practice. She was quick and witty, and she had definetly honed her, powers to a point. I stared at her now and wondered what had happened to the girl who would wake up for school, eat a bowl of cereal, listen to music and dance around her room while she got ready. I wondered if she was still in there, or if she was too far gone now.

None of that mattered. No matter who Nellwyn became, no matter who she was or who she will be. I love her. She's my daughter, and I love her more than anything. Before, I never knew I could feel so much for someone else. If I had to choose between the world and Nellwyn, I would choose her everytime.

I let a few hours pass before I brushed some hair away from her face.

"Can you hear me?" I asked. No movement or response. "You asked me, back in my world, how I met your dad." I said, petting the top of her head softly. I settled down in my seat. "I met your dad... while I was hunting him. Me and some other angels tracked him to a city in California. I had bumped into another hunter, John Winchester. And... after Ruben tricked me and used a spell to hold me hostage, we fled and those Winchester's followed us." She hadn't moved. "We spent a lot of time together. See, traveling like any human was safer than using our powers and alerting the angels. At first... I hated him. But... He showed me things. Like the country side, humans singing and dancing in bars, sunrises and sunsets. All sorts of things. Eventually, I came to love him." A smile crossed my face. "And... when two people love eachother very much-" I stopped. "Well. Anyway... I was... pregnant. And... we needed to hide. So Ruben and I found an angel who was very good at hiding."

As I continued the story, she remained motionless. And I wondered if she could hear me at all.