Chapter 4

I couldn't believe them, they knew very well that me and Alaska couldn't happen. I understood what was out here but I just didn't want to go back. I wanted to go home to my parents. I knew it couldn't happen. Exile was always set in stone, no coming back. There was another reason why I couldn't be with Alaska.... One reason I never told anyone...

Flashback- August 21st 1999 The Start of The War Between Foxes & Wolves

--Flashback told in third person view--

The air was dark and sinister. You could smell the blood for miles of piled dead wolf and fox bodies. It was a dark time. A war was breaking out between the foxes and wolves. The wolves fought bravely and so did we. 

The Arctic Eclipse Fox Clan was unstoppable. We were fierce warriors, we gave no mercy, no grace. 

A wolf charged at Copper, she turned and ducked. She bit the wolf's leg and flipped him over and bit it's neck and you could hear a loud snap a few moments later. Copper got up and looked around. 

"It'll all be over soon." She quietly said to herself. 

"COPPER! BACK UP! NOW!" Her partner said a a few yard away from her. She ran over to her partner, Cassidy. 

"Took you long enough!" Cassidy said. 

"Fight now, talk later!" She shouted ripping a piece of flesh out of a wolf. 

"Right, right." She said clawing at another wolf. 

Copper retracted her claws and scratched a wolves face right on the eye. The ear splitting shriek was admitted from the wolf. She bumped the wolf to the ground and ripped out the nerve the goes to the heart. Killing it instantly. 

She turned around to face the other wolves Cassidy was fighting; they looked at each other and ran away. 

"Nice Copp." Cassidy said. 

"Thanks Cass. But it's not over yet."

The both of them ran over to the alpha, Copper's father. 

"Father!" Copper called to him. 

"Copper!" He called back, "Cassidy." 

"Sir." Cassidy said to him, "Me and Copper were going to more farther closer to the wolf territory."

"Very well, but have each others backs, don't leave each others side." 

"Yes Father." 

"Yes sir." 

They both ran into the bloodiest battle the both of them had ever seen. Foxes and wolves fighting each other, one of them will walk away alive. 

"Copp?" 

"Yes Cass?" 

"How do you do it?" 

Cass stopped running, as did Copper. 

"Cass. We have to keep moving." Copper told her. 

"How do you do it though?"

"Do what Cass?" 

"Kill.. Kill and walk away with your sanity?"

"I never do, a little piece of me always fades away. The price of killing." 

"We should get moving like you said Copp." 

"Yeah." 

A low growl was slowly getting louder as we got closer and closer. 

A wolf jumped out and tackled Cass. 

"CASS!" 

Copper was mid jump until another wolf came out of no where and tackled her. She bit the wolves neck and flipped him over. The wolf was strong. The wolf still manged to hold Copper down. 

"James!" The other wolf called to the wolf fighting Copper, "Let's go! Alpha is waiting our return."

"But Alaska we haven't killed them yet." James called to Alaska.

"We killed one, we have to save our energy." 

"Alright." 

The wolf got off of Copper and they both dispersed into the battle. 

"What did they mean 'killed one of them'? What do you think Cass?"

"Cass?"

Cass' body laid still and unmoving.   

"CASS?!" She shouted. 

Copper ran over, she now knew what the wolf, Alaska, meant. 

He killed Cassidy.