Chapter 5

Thinking about Cassidy. I have't done it in a while. The battle was ages ago. Alaska killed my best friend, I couldn't do anything to stop it. I looked down at the lake I stopped at; I stared at my reflection. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you Cass." 

I knew Alaska and James looked familiar, and as I thought about it. I figured it out. James fought me in the War that started it all. And Alaska killed my best friend back then. I can't hold a grudge but me and Cass went though everything together. She was so young when Alaska took her live. I missed everything about it, her laugh, her smile, and jokes, and her fighting skills. She was strong and she could do so much. She had so much potential. 

____

"Cmon Celes, Copper's around here somewhere!" Luna called to her sister. 

"Coming Sis!" 

Luna sniffed the ground and followed my smell. 

"This way she's at the lake we both loved as pups!" Luna said. 

"I'm right behind you Luna!" 

_____

I looked down and I started to cry. I just couldn't stop thinking about that day. 

Flashback- September 16th Cassidy's Funeral

---Flashback told in third person view---

Copper sat the the entrance of her and her parents den, brushing her tail. She was crying softly to herself. Her father walked out the den. 

"Copp..?" He asked walking to her.

"I...Should've done something." 

"You can't blame yourself." 

"Yes I can!" She shouted, "I was there! I could've stopped that wolf. And she would still be alive today."

"Copper.." Her father said sitting down next to her. 

Copper hugged her father and started crying. 

"It'll be okay Copp." 

______

It was the hour of the funeral. 

Copper and her parents were walking to the place where the ceremony was being held at. 

"YOU!" Cassidy's mom yelled at Copper. 

"I'm sorry-"

"NO! YOU COULD'VE SAVED MY DAUGHTER!! BUT YOU DIDN'T!"

"Miss, you have to understand-" 

"I UNDERSTAND YOU LET THAT WOLF KILL MY DAUGHTER!!" 

"I couldn't save her because another wolf ALMOST KILLED ME TOO!" 

"I'D RATHER HAVE YOUR DEAD BODY IN THAT CASKET THEN MY DAUGHTER!" 

"HEY!" Copper's father got in the fight, "my daughter tried her best!" 

"Ugh." Cass' mother said walking into the den. 

"It's not your fault." Copper's father said to Copper. 

She started to tear up and she ran into the den and looked inside the casket. 

"I'm sorry Cass."

"Let us begin." The prophet said.   

Copper sat down next to her father. 

____

The ceremony finished and she was scheduled to be buried on the 18th. 

End of Flashback

"Copper!!" Luna called. 

She found me crying at the bank of the lake. 

"Copper?" Luna asked walking to me. 

"I can't be with him." I told her. 

"Who?" She asked. 

"Alaska." 

"Why?"

"He killed her."

"You're telling me this like I'm supposed to know what you're talking about." 

"Cassidy."

"Who?" 

"My best friend." 

"I thought Kayla was your best friend." 

"During the War. August 1999, the start, when it all went down. The two of us fought bravely. Then James and Alaska attacked us, James held me down; he tried to kill me. While Alaska fought Cass, he killed her." 

"Oh..."

"I should've stopped him." 

"You can't blame yourself." 

"Yes I can, I should've just killed-"

"If you killed James, you would've left Anna alone."

"But Alaska KILLED Cass!" 

"And I'm sorry! But you have to come back!" 

"I can't. I remembered who James and Alaska are. What they did. Just leave me alone."

"Fine."