Chapter 5

Kaylene's POV

I walk up to the balcony of the school building. It's more like a roof actually, but close enough. Once I reach the top, I lean on one of the pillars and sigh. It was only the first day of school and I had already fainted. What was wrong with me? And then when I wake up four hours later, my crush is waiting at my bedside. Later on, my friend tells me that my crush, a player, may actually like me. Why me? I mean, it's a good thing that someone I like likes me back, but it's so complicating and all, and I don't even know for sure whether he does like me back! At least coming up here by myself, breathing in the fresh air, helps me to think. Suddenly I hear a footsteps. I close my eyes. These steps...they are soft and light, yet the person they belong to doesn't intend to sound make it unheard. I know these footsteps. Grimsley's. What is he doing here? His footsteps sound louder now. He's getting closer.

'Grimsley.'

The footsteps stop. 'How do you know it's me?' His voice. It's definitely him.

I smile. 'Your footsteps.'

Grimsley walks in front of me. 'Are you saying that there's something wrong with the way I walk?'

'No, I'm saying that I recognise every single footstep of someone I meet.'

'Amazing.'

I blush. 'N-no, nothing special. I-I mean, every one has talents, right?'

He sits down beside me. 'I guess.'

A strong breeze blows by and I shiver. Grimsley notices this and puts his arm around my waist, making my face heat up further. 'I-I don't need you to help me. I'm a fire type trainer. I can't be afraid of the cold.' I shiver again.

Grimsley laughs. 'Of course you are cold. Look at you! You are clearly freezing.'

'Whatever.' I roll my eyes.

He removes his arm from my waist and stands up. He offers me his hand, and when I take it he pulls me up. Me and Grimsley walk down the stairs together, talking about random stuff. Eventually, we reach my dorm.

'Bye, Grimsley.'

'Goodbye, Kaylene. See you later!' He kisses my cheek and walks off. He. Kissed. My. Cheek. I touched the spot where he kissed me as I walk into my room. Everyone lying on their beds, playing on their X-transceivers. I fall down onto my bed, thinking about today. What a day!

END