Chapter 7

Kaylene's POV

'Hello, Kaylene.'

'Uh. H-hi Grimsley.' I hated the way my voice sounded whenever I was with him, super high pitched and nervous.

Before he could reply, someone who I assumed was the teacher walked in. She was a young-looking woman, maybe in her late twenties, who had long blonde hair which flowed down to her waist. She walked over to the teacher's table and looked at the class.

'Hello, students. My name is Cynthia Shirona, but just call me Cynthia. I will be your teacher this year for the Battle Tactics class, and I hope you learn to co-operate with me.'

Cynthia didn't look too bad, and I assumed she was a good teacher. Once all students had arrived in the classroom, our teacher began teaching. It was quite interesting, learning new battle stratedgies such as using the battlefield to your advantage. Eventually. Cynthia asked a question.

'Give me a stratedgy you could use in a double battle.'

No one raised their hand. I thought about her question for a minute, before raising my hand.

'You!' Cynthia pointed at me. 'What is your name?'

'Kaylene.'

'Okay, Kaylene, what is your answer?'

'A good stratedgy to use in a double battle is for example, have one of your pokemon be a ground type, and the other have a move like Discharge, ensuring that non of your Pokemon will be affected by the attack. Or other stratedgies as such.'

Cynthia clapped and smiled at me. 'Very good answer. Well, class, I have a suggestion. Since we still have some time, how about we pick two students and let them have a battle?'

The class suddenly became very excited. Whispers and murmurs could be heard. I grin. This was about to get excited.

'So, who wants to battle?'

Immediately I shot my hand up.

'My, my. Eager, are we? Alright, Kaylene. Come on up.'

I walked up to Cynthia just as she asked, 'Anyone else?'

One hand was raised. I looked over to where the hand came from was was surprised to see Iris, a Unovian I met yesterday, with her hand straight up, obviously eager.

'May I ask for your name?'

'I'm Iris!'

'Fabulous! This battle will be Kaylene versus Iris!'

Cynthia led the class downstairs to a battlefield outside. She and the rest of the class stood at the side while Iris and I took our places on the field. 

'This is a battle between Iris and Kaylene. Each trainer will use one Pokemon each. Begin!'

'Go, Haxorus!' Iris threw out her Pokeball, releasing the Axe Jaw Pokemon. 

Hm...A Dragon Type.

I removed one Pokeball from my belt, enlarged it and threw it out onto the battle arena. 'Charizard, spotlight!'

My fire type Pokemon roared proudly, flapping its wings. I was confident, all right. So what if Fire wasn't good against Dragon?

'Haxorus, use Dragon Tail!'

Haxorus' tail glowed blue, before throwing it at Charizard. Charizard simply flew up, dodging it.

'Fast...' I heard Iris mutter from across the field.

'Flamethrower, go!'

The blast of fire hit Iris' Pokemon, barely doing any damage.

'Haxorus, now, Dragon Pulse!'