what's going on ?

Tulsa,Oklahoma October,11 1965,I was cleaning up the house so it will be in shape once again after,mom died things wasn't the same when she died,dad became abusive towards me and more alcoholic.I open the door and picked up some milk so I can make an omelet from the DX store before I miss school and it was really heavy for me to carried. I took them to the counter and the change as well. "Hi,how could I help ya" exclaimed Sodapop. He was a well built man,with brown hair and ice blue eyes,he'd looked like he could be a 16 or 17 years old? "Just milk please". I said nervously. "Is that all"? Asked Sodapop. I nodded he gave me the milk in a bag and looked at me,while I hopped on my bike to home. "I'm back,dad". He was smoking a joint while I taking out the milk. I felt a cigarette on my back the flame was burning my back side while, tried so hard not to scream in agony. I heard the stove went off and saw dad holding a metal thing and I all ready know i'm late. "Ms.lights,did anyone see ms.light"? I burst through the doors and said "here" extremely loudly,that the class laugh in my late outburst in the class. I walked to my seat as mr.Gareth was taking role. "I'm so tired". I thought to myself,and then I felt a tap on my arm I glanced over really fast still on edge by my father's abusive side."can I borrow a pencil"? Asked ponyboy,I nodded and just gave him the pencil. He continue to look at me and tap me again,but looked without turning my head,just eyes. "What happened to your face?" "Nothing,just doing something stupid." "Like being abuse?" He said firmly. "I-I don't get hit by my folks" I said shakly. He gave me his hand and I looked at it for awhile,then just shook his very soft hands. "My name is ponyboy Curtis" he added. "Luna lights." I said calmly and with a smile. When school was done I walked to my bike and was stopped by ponyboy with a cigarette already in his hand and tried handed me one,but gradually declined. "Oh, I was wondering if we can go to the movies,later on ?" He asked and I just nodded to his invitation. "Great, then it's a date ---" when I was about to say something he was finishing his sentence. "As friends" he added. "Oh" I looked down feeling embarrass. I rode to my house,thankfully my dad's at work,so I can make it to an event on time for once of my 14 years of my life. I put on my boots,jeans, sweater and jacket walked outside to go to ponyboy's house. I knocked on the and waited. "Hello,oh hey it's you from the store" said Sodapop excited. I looked away and asked if pony was here he nodded and asked if I could come in? And I excepted quickly from the cold atmosphere from outside. "Pony a girl is here for you!" Yelled darry while reading the newspaper I sat next to a guy wearing a Mickey mouse shirt and a shirtless,leather jacket guy? "Sorry for the wait luna." I got up and those two followed us into this one dude's car. "Thanks dally for taking us to the movies" said ponyboy. "I'm coming too dumb fuck,to here to watch." "Hmm?" I Question. "Make out." He stated. "She's just a friend!" Snapped ponyboy. I slide down on my chair and looked down. What's going on?