Chapter 7

When the three of you reach the village there wasn't anyone around, people who lived inside mostly just closed and locked the doors quickly or closed the curtains. Everything went silent but Gouz had a feeling he knew the reason why.
Both of you were covered in blood, mostly from the akuma you both just recently defeated.

"Your both covered in blood." Gouz says.
"It doesn't make any difference." Kanda scoffs.
"If we want people to talk to us it does!" Gouz yells.

Sighing you both leave the village for a moment and find a pond, giving Gouz your coats you both clean up from the water, getting up when finished you dried your pants on your pants. Without your jacket you pretty much was just in a tank top and your usual wear. But it didn't take long for Gouz to finish cleaning your jackets as he soon returned to to both of you.

Placing you jacket on again you noticed a cottage as you ignored the conversation Gouz and Kanda were having.

'Does someone live here?' You thought.

"I told you already were not working on this case with you. We are staying here just to kill that akuma then we are off again." Kanda told.
"Hey guys? Does someone live here?" You asked.

Their short banter stopped as soon as you asked that then looked towards you, soon their gaze turned to where you were pointing.

"There's a cottage here..." You said.

Not long later though you noticed a girl standing beside the pond just on the other side of it, gaining her attention the question if someone lived there was mentioned but she replied with that no one did. Afterwards she walked over to the other side where the three of you were.

"Tell me did you notice any suspicious people in town recently?" Kanda asked.

When the girl replied with a 'no' it wasn't making the case in finding that akuma easier, however when she looked towards the pond you noticed there was some lotus flowers there. Your (E/C) eyes widen a bit as you remembered the promise from 'that man' again then looked away.

"You have lotus flowers here..." Kanda mentioned.
"I've lived in this town my whole life and I've been coming to this pond for as long as I can remember, and I've never seen them bloom until today." She said.
"It could be this is the first time they blossomed in your lifetime. The seeds of a lotus flower can sleep in the mud for a thousand years, and one day they bloom again." Kanda explains.

You flinched at that sentence it was the same one you told Kanda when you were young...and when he was still alive...

'Heh...no matter where I go the memories will haunt me forever...' You thought, bangs covering your eyes.

"They bloom every thousand years? Lotus seeds can sleep for such a long time?" She asked.
"Yes." Kanda says.
"I wonder what it's like for them to be awake, or if they'll want to bloom again. I feel sorry for them. It takes so long to bloom and they die so quickly." She replies.
"Well I wouldn't say that, the lotus will blossom long after you and I are gone." Kanda says.
"Are you sure?" She asks.
"He's saying the truth, they might sleep for a long time but they do end up blooming giving off a wonderful fragrance to the world." You finally speak up.

The girl looks at you now and then smiles at both you and Kanda.

"I wish I could be there to see it, you two know a lot about lotus's for such a young man and women." She says.
"There only flowers..." Kanda replies.
"Flowers that soon die yet will bloom once more." You say after.

Later the girl offered a place to turn in for the night for the three of you and some food to eat, you were silent on the way there as well when you ate your food. Then you all went to work on asking her questions if something odd was to happen around her.