Chapter 17

Jessica's POV

"Derek, Jess. I'm selling the house." my mom says to us at our little family meeting in my living room.

"What?! You're selling the house?!" I say, shocked.

"Yes. It's only me living there, Jess. I'm moving in with Nonna because she gets lonely, and I do too. And you know one of these days Nonna will need someone to live with her to help her get around." she explains.

"You do whatever's best, mom." Derek says.

I sit here on the verge of tears. Just knowing that my childhood home will go onto someone else just saddens me.

"Jess, I know you grew up in that house, but this is what's best."

"Okay...I'm just gonna miss it though."

"I know, we all will. But, hey. Some other family is going to create just as wonderful memories. I'll need you both to fly back with me so you can pack up your rooms."

Derek & I both agree with her. After our meeting, I walk upstairs to our bedroom.

"What was the meeting about?" Justin asks, looking up from his phone.

I sit down on the bed next to him and cuddle up to him "Mom's selling our house in Boca. She's going to move in with Nonna so she's not by herself."

"Oh..that makes sense. How do you feel about it?"

"Well, I'm glad Nonna won't be by herself anymore, but I'm sad that my childhood home is being taken away from me."

"At least you still have your dads place."

"That's true. I have to pack a bag. Mom wants me to fly back with her to pack up my room. Do you want to come with me?"

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"....Yes."

"Then I will. It's no big deal, babe. I know how much this means to you."

"Thank you, baby."

"You're welcome." he kisses my head.

Justin & I go into our closet and pack some clothes into a suit case. A couple hours later, we went the airport & flew to Florida.

We all got to the house. Seeing it & knowing it won't be in the family anymore breaks my heart.

I lead Justin up the stairs & take him into my room.

"Well...here's my room. It's where I've spent most of my time. From practicing choir songs, to making skit videos with my friends, and to fangirling over, to my now, boyfriend." I say to him with a smile.

"You're so cute. I love you."

"I love you too.

"Alright! Here's some totes and some newspaper for the breakables." my mom says, barging in. "Get packin'."

"Mom, it's almost 8pm. Can we start tomorrow?" I ask.

"Can you at least do a little bit today?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Thank you!" she says leaving the room.

"Well let's start, I guess. I'll do this night stand, and you can do the other." I say to Justin.

"Okay. Am I gonna find anything naughty in here?" he smirks.