Chapter 4

McKinley's POV

McKinley's POV

My class was in room 806. And boy, was I surprised when I got there. Half of the females in the room were flirting, and wearing close to nothing.

How-no, why- have they not been dress coded?

The other girls had the sense to wear clothes that covered at least 75% of themselves, if not more. I sat in the middle row, because I didn't feel like interacting with people, and there was an empty desk next to me. But what surprised me the most was that the teacher looked like a Calvin Klein model. I mean he did, but that's not what surprised me. Brady George was in my class. Yep. The original annoying boy in your English class. Well, this is swell. He just looked at me, his green eyes piercing my blue ones. I tucked my brown-goldenish hair behind my ear and looked away.

Just an hour till music lessons.
I had music lessons one on one, but they said due to an "inflation in the student body, there could be two or three scholars in a class," Official, right? I know. I was literally jumping with joy when English ended. We were reading Anne of Green Gables or whatever. I skipped towards my next class, MUSIC! I opened the door, and everyone stared at me. Or, the teacher did. It was a one on one class. Phew!
Thank goodness, I need this alone time.

I went into the studio because the teacher just pushed me towards it. She said we could start off with a simple song, so I decided on All of Me by John Legend. I put on the headphones and took in a deep breathe. As the music started, the teacher gave me a thumbs up, and I did the same. I closed my eyes and began singing.

"What would I do without your smart mouth, drawing me in and you kicking' me out, you got my head spinning, no kidding," I was so caught up in the music I didn't notice who entered, at least, not until the chorus. That's when I heard another voice. More manly and masculine, but still delicate. It was a beautiful mixture.

"My heads underwater," I sang the high part, and then I stopped, so he could sing the lower part.
"But I'm breathing fire,"
"You're crazy,"
"And I'm out of my mind," The male voice sang.
"Cause all of me, loves all of you," We sang together, and it was beautiful.
"All your curves and perfect edges," The male voice sang, so I stopped. The other voice stopped so I knew it was my turn.
"All your perfect imperfections," I sang before he took over.
"Cause I give you-" he sang before we blended.
"-All, all, all-" I sang with him.
"-of me," Now it was my turn to sing.
"And you give me-"
"All, all, all," we blended once again, it was heavenly.
"-Of you," I sang before we finally finished together.
"So give me all of you," We sang as the music faded. I opened my ocean blue eyes to reveal glittering green ones and some freckles. I freaked out when I saw who it was.

"No! Not the annoying boy from the hallway!" I cried out, a little annoyed and sad.
"Yep, that's me-wait annoying? Me? Never!"The boy chuckled, smirking.

"Anyway, my name's is Brady, and no, I'm not going to threaten you if you tell people I sing, everyone knows," For some reason, I let out a breath I was holding and smiled.

"Okay, I'm McKinley Dallas. And so help you if you ever make fun of my name, I'll make you wish you'd never met me," My blue eyes went stormy, before going back to normal. I had been teased about my name, and it made me self-conscious.

"But other than that, I'd like us to get along," I sighed, " but-"
"There's always a but," Brady muttered.
"I want to become captain of the soccer team. So, that may ruin it." I looked at my watch and saw it was time to go.
"Toodles!" I said before opening the door, giving my instructor a nod, who seemed to have fallen asleep after we had finished singing. I smirked to myself. Being soccer captain was gonna be sweet. I could taste it now. Well, it would probably taste like grass and dirt, but it would be fun.

A/N #968 IN HUMOR LET'S GO! I know it's not that much, but it means a lot to me! Please, recommend this book to friends, family, EVEN STRANGERS! Oh, that should be a thing...I'm challenging you, yes you, the beautiful reader, to recommend this book to one or two strangers. You don't have to, but it would be greatly appreciated! I'm going to call it #Strangerreading

Peace out girl scouts!
-Snickers