Chapter 11

McKinley's POV

McKinley's POV

Well, the situation was strange, to say the least. And because I wanted to be a detective (or maybe the president, but I really don't know), I decided to go full on Nancy Drew.

The clues:

1. Charlie, the cocky one from the BBQ was dancing, on a table.

2. Our Professor was nowhere in sight

3. We didn't have a substitute

4. Classes started in two minutes

I decided to wrack my brain at possibilities. Maybe Professor Lawing was sick, but forgot to call? And Charlie is a mischievous kid, so maybe he put hand sanitizer in her food or something, making her sick. Okay, I think I'm going somewhere with this. But that all changed when I looked at the whiteboard. Mr. Peprose? As in, Charlie Peprose? Oh, have mercy on us if this is our "sub."

To say I was confused was an understatement. I was honestly very perplexed. Was he the sub? How did the school allow it? What does he even know!?! These thoughts kept racing through my mind, as the situation grew more and more...intimate. Seriously. Charlie started dancing with a girl, and I'll spare the details. I slowly backed out of the classroom and ran down the hall. Unfortunately, a hall monitor caught me. That hall monitor just happened to be...Brady George.

Nope! Just kidding, that would never happen. I'm pretty sure he was in calculus or some science or social studies class. The person who caught me was Courtney Mitchington. She had dyed blue hair and had red contacts. And she was quite the teacher's pet.

"Hmm, running in the halls? That's a slip." She smirked, her hoarse voice making me frown even more. Then she grabbed the tape measure out of her pocket. She proceeded to measure my shoulders.

"I see you're also violating the dress code by .55 centimeters, which means principal's office!" Yep, centimeters, because it was that small of a difference. I'm starting to think those red eyes suit her. Luckily for me, I was headed toward the principal's office. As we arrived, I shut the door right before she could enter.

"Principal Stevenson, Charlie is in my classroom dancing on a table with a girl...I'll spare you the details," I rushed through my sentence. A grimace fell on my face as I reimagined the scene.

"Oh dear, I trusted him, well, who am I kidding, I just didn't want to heir a substitute teacher!" She sighed standing up and sitting back down, then standing up again.

"Miss Dallas, you may be the substitute teacher for today. Which means you will have to skip lessons and other classes, but I assume you are caught up?" She raised an eyebrow, causing me to think of her as Professor McGonagall. Although she was in her 30's, she seemed much wiser for her age. But not wise enough to chose a different carrier than a high school principal.

"I believe I am, may I have a note or something like that?"

"Oh sure," She took out her notepad and wrote it down and signed it.

"Thank you, Principal Stevenson!" I rushed out of her office, an upset looking Courtney staring me down.

"Bye Courtney gotta go!" I rushed down the hall and into the classroom, which looked more like a party. I hurried over and erased Charlie's name off of the whiteboard and wrote mine.

McKinley

The whole class sort of just stopped midway, and I half expected someone to produce a freeze ray from their pockets, like Terressa, also known as the "Ice Cube", did in the movie Prisoner of Core. I cleared my voice and pulled out the note.

"The principal says I'm the sub now, so, for my eye's sake please sit down!" Charlie glared at me, but all I was thinking about was what in the world am I going to teach these kids?

a/n: Hey guys! Hope you like it. I have changed the direction of the book, you just won't understand because your not the author. Sorry, not sorry. OKAY, I JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE READERS IN THE UK, ROMANIA, AND IRELAND. I'm freaking out! This is huge, especially because it used to be just Switzerland! AH! Shoutout to everyone in a country besides the USA! 

Question: Which country are you from??  
Me: The states. Save me from the president's ego. HALP