Chapter 6

*Regina's P.O.V*

Emma and I continued to hang out for weeks. We would go to the movies or to art galleries, to concerts or to art museums. It made me smile at how predictable she was. An artist who loved art galleries. Who knew?

"Look at this beautiful painting by Monroe. You can tell that he used the red to indicate the anger he was feeling. Just amazingly done. He's one of my favorites."

Just so we are all clear the painting is one red line on a white canvas. One. Red. Line.

It took just about every ounce of self-control I had not to burst her bubble. So, I simply kept my mouth shut and agreed with her. Even if I had no idea what the hell she was talking about.

"Thank you for coming with me Regina. I know this is probably really boring for you."

I shook my head.

"It's fine Emma. I don't mind doing something that you enjoy. That's what friends do."

An emotion that I couldn't place flashed across Emma's face as I said the word friend. I wanted to ask her what was wrong, but I decided to leave it alone. It was probably nothing, right?

"Listen, Regina I-"

Whatever Emma was going to say was quickly interrupted by whatever she saw across the gallery. Her eyes went wide and she yanked me behind a wall.

"Emma! What the hell?"

She put her finger up to her mouth to keep me quiet.

"It's Killian. What's he doing here? He hates art galleries."

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Emma. This is ridiculous. You have nothing to hide. Let's go over and talk to him."

I was heading towards him when a tall brunette wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a kiss. I recognized her from when we came in, she was the manager of the gallery. This was going to break Emma's heart. I went back to where Emma was hiding and found her lost in a conversation with a little old lady about one of the paintings.

"Emma. We should go."

She nodded and waved to the old woman.

"I'll see you at the art class next week Betty."

The old woman waved goodbye as I dragged Emma out of the gallery.
We headed toward the door, only to find Killian and that woman coming towards us. This was not going to be good. I tried tugging Emma away, but it was too late.

"Killian?"
Emma asked, hurt evident on her face.

"Emma. W-Wha-What are you doing here?"

Emma looked at him with confusion and an obvious amount of hurt in her eyes. It was obvious that he was hiding something and I wanted to rip out his throat for hurting Emma, but that was illegal.

"What do you mean?"
She asked.
"I come to this gallery all the time. You however hate art galleries, so the better question is what are you doing here?"

The leather clad man began to stutter as he failed to come up with a convincing explanation.
Whatever he had come up with was quickly blown out of the water when the brunette came up from behind him.

"Killian, c'mon. I don't have a very long lunch break."
Her fingers migrated down to his hand. This small gesture didn't go unnoticed by Emma, who was now inching her away from the pair.

"Oh... "
She mumbled as she turned to walk away.

"Emma wait!"
He called, but the blonde was furious. At the sound of her name, she quickly turned on her heels and gave Killian a kick in the crotch. He dropped to his knees in pain and I struggled to hold back a laugh.

"Take that asshole."

She said before storming off and out of the building. I followed her, but didn't quite know what to do to console her.

"How could I have been such an idiot?"
She asked as she pounded her fist against the side of the building and tears streamed down her cheeks.

"You aren't an idiot, Emma. How could you have known?"

She moved to pound her fist again in to the brick wall, but I stopped her and pulled her in for a tight hug.
I didn't dare move as I let the blonde weep into my shoulder.
When she finished crying I pulled back and looked deep into her green eyes. I watched as those same green eyes flicked down to my lips. Before I even had the time to analyze what that meant, her lips were on mine. They were salty from her tears, but tasted faintly of strawberry chapstick. I reveled in the feeling for a moment, before quickly pulling away.

"I'm sorry."
She mumbled.

I shook my head. I didn't know how to respond or how I felt. I simply did the only thing I knew to do. I left.

I felt awful leaving Emma like that, but this kiss screwed me up. I knew that I was bisexual and had been with girls before, but I had never intended for anything to happen with Emma. I wasn't even sure she swung that way. All I knew was that she was hurting and kissing me was her way of coping. That being said, I wasn't going to be a straight girl's experiment if that's what this was, which was a high possibility.

I couldn't leave her with out giving an explanation, so when I got home, I texted her.

Emma, I'm sorry for leaving. I just didn't know how to react. Call me when you get this.

Days went by. Then those days turned into weeks and those weeks turned into an entire month without so much as a text from her. It was my fault and I knew that, but I just hoped that one silly mistake didn't ruin the bond we had so freshly forged forever.
________________

Hey guys!
I know that it has been a really long time since I have made an addition to this book,, but inspiration finally struck and I was able to complete this next chapter. I hope you all enjoy.

-Liz