Chapter 7

I walked in and closed the door behind me, being cautious that Brad had left my driveway. Just at the moment his car drove off, I couldn't hold back the scream of happiness I was holding.

I heard feets stomping upstairs, and soon appeared Froy and Nathan. Since when does Froy wear tops in this house?

"What the hell is going on?" Nathan said, sounding more pissed than concerned.

"Sorry, I just got excited I guess," I said, feeling a bit bad for screaming without a warning. Nathan rolled his eyes, "Not cool Carter. Come on, Froy."

They mumbled something and whereas Nathan went back to his room, Froy trottled down the staircase. I perked an eyebrow, "What's got his attitude off the charts?"

Froy gestured his head for me to follow him into the kitchen. "Rihanna's over and you know how he can get," Froy told me.

"So that's why your upper body's clothed for once?" I chuckled as we got into the kitchen. I set the teddy bear down and took a seat on the counter.

"Cute. You can admit you like me better when it's not Blue," Froy teased. He's called me that since we were little, and he coated me in blue paint. "He says he doesn't want any so-called competition."

"Why so-called? I might not be drooling all over you but everyone else is," I chuckled, referring to his endless attempts at trying to ask me out.

"I don't like Rihanna," Froy said, pursing his lips. He reached for a water bottle and took a large gulp.

"She's one of the hottest girls in school, you don't want a shot at that?" I said. Words against the athletes came naturally, given what Dylan did to me.

"I don't sleep around with girls Carter," Froy said, almost upset.

"I'm sorry. Dylan's just been on my mind lately," I said, trying to hold my voice back from cracking. Froy's eyes softened, "What's up?"

"I just keep on thinking Brad only asked me put because he doesn't know about that stupid rumour," I sighed, fidgeting with my fingers.

"If it makes you feel any better - Emma might be hot in the streets, but the team says she's trash in the sheets," Froy said, making me chuckle for a moment.

"It's not that, it's just," I began, not really knowing if I should tell him.

"You can trust me Carter, I promise."

"I never slept with him, Froy," The words came out as the tears began to well up into my eyes. Why the hell was I telling Froy this?

"Carter," Froy was at a loss for words. I didn't need the words and he realised. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me, as the tears escaped.

"I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't be telling you," I sniffled, trying to hold back the tears.

"No, it's alright. I've known you since you were six Carter, you were the first girl to kiss my cheek, I can be there for your first heartbreak," Froy said, and I could tell he really meant it.

"You don't need to say anything, okay? I'm here," Froy said. He rested his cheek on my head, as I laid there, letting out everything I've been holding.

After a long period of silence, his voice cracked, "Carter?"

"Yes?" I said, getting out of his hug.

"Dylan. D-did he ever force himself on you?" Froy asked.  I couldn't help at how brotherly he was acting, the Froy I never knew.

I took a breath, and quickly answered, "No." Him knowing wouldn't do any good, I might as well just leave it as is.

"Why are you here?" My voice croaked, as I wiped the tears off my face with my palms.

"What do you mean? I'm at your house more than I'm at mine," Froy said rather confused. It was cute the way his freckles moved when he furrowed his eyebrows.

I looked at him and he knew what I meant. "I may act like a douchebag most of the time, but you're still like a little sister to me, and I do care about you."

"Thank you Froy. But you probably want to get to Nathan," I sighed. I felt my shoulders loosen at the release of what I've been holding in.

"Your brother doesn't even want me here tonight," Froy shook his head, a light laugh escaping him. I knew the soft side of Froy Gutierrez, not too bad Carter.

"Well, Nick's not coming over. You want to build a fort, watch a movie, pig out?" I chuckled, that's what Nick and I do on Saturdays, or when we needed to be honest.

"Are you sure?" Froy asked, almost surprised that I was asking him.

"Weren't you the one who said I'm like a sister to you? A film won't kill us. You can settle in, I'm just going to head upstairs to change," I smiled at him.

He nodded and I turned around making my way upstairs. Just as I got into my bedroom, my phone vibrated.

Brad:
Tonight was great. Have a good night x

I looked at his name on my contacts and mumbled to myself, "That needs to change."

Carter:
Me too. I hope we can do this again sometime xo

Bradley Bear 🐻:
Wouldn't dream of not doing this again. I'll see you Monday, sleep well x

Carter:
You too, Bradley Bear 😉

I smiled, looking at my phone like a complete idiot. I finally met a guy who doesn't care about making out or sleeping with you and I got the brother in Froy I never knew I needed.

This was going to be great. All thanks to you, Bradley Bear.