Lost In The Music

Kaeleigh's POV

We pull into the school parking lot in my car, the nerves starting to kick in.

I take a deep breath and turn off the engine before I decide to run.

We hop out of the car and Zain comes over to my side.

He pulls me into his arms, one hand around my waist and the other behind my head as my arms wrap around his torso.

Right now, this is where I want to be, where I want stay, where I feel safe, in his arms.

In my best friend Zain Malik's arms, the one who I've lived next to since forever, the one who has stuck up for me since I could remember, the one who was always there for me when I needed him, the one that I have always had a crush on.

We pull away slightly, still holding each other.

He stares into my eyes and I do the same, I begin to lose myself in his eyes until he begins to speak, "you ready?"

I nod hesitantly and he kisses my forehead, then whispers in my ear, "you'll be fine, i'll be right beside you.

We pull away completely and he takes my hand, squeezing it to reassure me.

My heart melts at the moment that just passed.

He's just your friend, Kaels, nothing more, nothing less.

He doesn't like you like that, I thought we got over this.

I push my thoughts to the back of my head and brace myself.

The moment I step into the school gates, I feel all eyes are on me.

Oh great, I'm that girl.

You know? The one that everyone feels sorry for because something tragic happened to them.

The first bell rings and I separate myself from Zain but promise to meet him at lunch.

I walk to the principles office to sign in and ask if I can skip classes and get used to being back at school.

He agrees with no hesitation, probably as an act of sympathy.

I leave the principles office and wonder the empty halls, my mind absent.

I continue to wonder until I come to a complete stop in front of my favourite place to lose myself, the dance studio.

I check to see that it is empty, then plug in my phone and played a mix I worked on over the break I took.

My body relaxes as I dance to the beat, the dancing working up a sweat.

Songs continue to play, one after another, and one after another, I continue to dance.

Soon after the music stops suddenly and I turn in the direction of the speakers to see Zain.

Zain's POV

I wait for Kaeleigh to meet me at the quad but after 5 minutes, I start towards the one place I know she would be.

I open the door and walk towards the speakers and stop the music.

She turns quickly, "I knew you were going to get lost in the music" I shout across the room.

She walks towards me and grabs her phone to check the time, " shoot! Sorry i lost track of time, but how did you know i was here?" She asks.

I give her a look that says, really? But she just laughs.