Chapter 23

Philip's POV

The rock hard boner I had gets deflated like a poked balloon. I stare at the woman dressed in the short red dress and knee-length boots. I blink a few times to make sure it's her.

Jessica.

My ex.

What is she doing here?

I feel a hand wrap around my wrist, making me snap to the present. I look down to a flushed Susan, breasts poking out of her cream colored bra, my hands groping them. I remove them and help her adjust her bra. I pick her blouse up and quickly slip it on her, not caring if it's on the right side or not. I do the same and help her get down from the counter.

When Susan finally turns around and sees Jessica, I notice her frown slightly before looking at me. I take her hand in mine and move to where Jessica stands.

'Susan, I told you about Jessica. Jessica, this is Susan, my girlfriend.' And my words hang in the air, Jessica's face turns pale as she hears the word girlfriend at the end, she assesses Susan as I see her eyes roam over her figure. None of them  offers a smile. Susan just nods casually and I feel my insides churn. It looks like they are both going to start fighting like cats.

'What are you doing here Jessica?' I calmly ask, trying to break the tension. If she was a man barging in my apartment at this time, I would've broken his neck by now. But this woman in front of me, has been my entire world at some point, but also the one who broke my heart.

'I came to see you.' she says carefully.

'On your own? How did you get in?' That door was fucking locked! I clearly remember doing that.

'Yeah, I drove the whole way here and let's just say I managed to get in...' she beams at me. What?

'Oh I wonder how? Because I clearly remember locking the door behind us?' Susan spits out and I see the apartment turn into an ice castle. This is the first time I am seeing this side of her.

'Yeah, but you see me and locks, go a long way in the past, I just seem to be able to make them click and they just open up to me. Don't you remember Phil?' I squeeze Susan's hand in response, as I feel her stiffen at Jessica's reply. Just before I open my mouth to say something, I hear Susan chuckle before throwing another ice spike. Fuck

'Well, correct me if I am wrong, shouldn't you knock before coming in? And I don't think we would've locked the door if we wanted to be disturbed..do you get what I mean?' she says with a kind of sarcastic bite. Holy double fuck. Is she that mad because we got interrupted whilst making out? Susan stands next to me, tall with a figure you don't want to mess with in front of a five foot tall blonde. Even with face flushed and swollen lips, you shouldn't underestimate her. Reminder set. Even I'm scared of messing with her, that hand I'm holding could break my jaw with a punch in a second.

'I'll be in your room.' She squeezes my hand, faking a smile and leaves.

'Why are you here? You didn't even call me before coming here.' I run a hand in my hair, trying to keep myself calm.

'I wanted to surprise you.' She says it in such a low voice, looking at her boots. This was the moment I would start saying sorry for making her sad, but not today.

'You should've called me. How are you keeping up?' I know from experience she's just acting unfazed from Susan, but deep inside she's shouting profanities at her.

'Good. But I feel lonely.' Lonely?  How the fuck can someone who cheats on his ill boyfriend  with some dudes at a club  feel lonely? Help me understand there.'

'It will get better. For how many days will you be here?' I take a few steps back to lean against the wall, and my mind wanders to Susan. her attitude towards Jessica. Does she feel threatened by her presence?

'I was thinking of staying here for a few days..' Here?

'Here?? Where?'

'I was hoping to stay here with you and Haley. But I didn't know you had a girlfriend' she says in the same low voice. 'Why haven't you told me about her?'

'I don't think you needed to know?' I spit. 'You can't stay here Jess.'

'I know' she mutters before looking around the apartment. As much as I would like for her to get over the grief of losing  a parent, I can't let her do the same thing she did the last time. It was wrong. And the last thing I ever want to do is hurt Susan. 'But where will I stay?' she asks me carefully, cutting the distance and extending a hand to touch me. I take a step back.

'I don't know Jessica. I'm sorry.' My answer sets her off as I see her expression change to a scowl.

'Where will I stay? I drove the whole way here, and I don't know anyone here! Where do you want me to go?' she snaps and flips her hair in exasperation. A strong wave of odor hits me, I'm not sure if it's her new perfume or  sweat odor.

'Listen, it's your fault that you came here uninvited. Even if you would've called earlier, I don't think if would be good for you to stay here. Susan is here almost everyday. I can arrange for a room at a bed and breakfast for you nearby if you want. After what happened at the funeral, it's all I can do.'

'Okay.' With that she turns and move to wait near the door.

***

'Hey, you okay?' I take a seat on my bed next to Susan.

'I'm sorry...I shouldn't have behaved that way..' she's fidgeting her right foot on the floor which I guess is out of nervousness. 

'Hey, it's okay. Do you want to talk about it?' I hold her delicate thigh which makes her stop moving. 

'I don't know. I just got angry when she said she unlocked your door, like it was a fun game for her...we were making out and she walked right into us..' she trails off and wears her head down.

'Yeah I know, I felt annoyed too. We can catch up anytime you want' I wink at her and pull her thighs so she's somehow sitting on my lap. 'Is this fine?' I murmur against her lips. 

'Yes' she breathes and I kiss her, tugging at her bottom lip. I run my fingers up her thigh and she starts to melt in my arms. Taking this as a cue, I kiss her even more deeply. How much I want to do her right now on this bed. But Jessica is waiting outside...Her hand starts to rub my chest and I pull myself from the kiss, making her let out an annoyed groan and get on her feet. 

'What happened?' I ask, my mind totally blown off from her reaction. 

'Stop tormenting me.' she says in a low voice.

'Tormenting you? What do you mean?' What is she talking about??

'You kiss me, and touch me and when I start touching you, you stop kissing me. It's annoying.' She complains walking to my dresser so I can't see her face. But her back isn't so bad either, that round ass that jiggles whenever she walks..

'Hey, I'm sorry.' I wrap my hands on her tummy from behind. God, I've never known that chubby girls felt so good to hug. 'You're adorable, do you know?'

'There's nothing adorable in tormenting your girlfriend' she pouts. Had she had something in mind for tonight? She looks practically annoyed because we couldn't do more..

'Let me make it up to you another time baby' I bite her earlobe gently and she squeals. 

'With interest.' She smirks at me and then dips her head, unable to quell a giggle.