Being Drag Into Something

"Doctor Strange?" I whisper. The man stood before us is non-other than the Sorcerer Supreme himself.  I gasp and at the same time fascinated by his arrival. 

"Do not engage," Phoenix warns and he instantly vanishes.

"Huh?!" snap back I gaze to my left and my right before at the doctor's direction. Nervousness develope within me so I decided to bail out.

Turning around while pretending he was not there, I walk away. 'Oh god!! It's him!' A thought appears in my mind as I bite my lower lip preventing me from fangirling over him. Not to be rude but I'm not good with people so I better leave while I have the chance.

"Excuse me!" 

"Yes?"

He jogs towards me and asks, "Have you seen anybody around here? Or some weird looking, threatening object?" 

I shook, "I'm sorry I don't know what you mean." I was shaken by the question. Phoenix's life is on the line and if he gets him I can't guarantee what will he do to him. After all, his job is to protect the world from inter-dimensional threats especially involving magic.

He looks at me in the eye. It's like he was examining the truth within me by looking into me. "You're lying aren't you?" He questions.

"Uhhhh..." Averting his gaze for a moment or two I bolt again and not looking back.

'I'm sorry!!' The thought of guilt arises.

Almost at the end of the path where I was about to jump, I trip over with a thud, "What?" 

My prediction was I stepped on something and crashed. Instead, my arms were sat right beside me and I can't stand up. Then I realize that I'd been wrapped tightly by a red brick cloth.

"Oh no. Ohohohoho no.  It's the cloak of levitation!" Moaning over my misfortune. 'No wonder.' I thought while struggling and wiggling myself from the cloak's grasp.

"I see you are trying to get away from me," the doctor came and kneel in front of me. I stop from what I was doing and look up. There he was, looking into my eyes again with his beautiful pair of grey eyes.

Averting his eyes again I continue to what I was doing, escaping. Groaning and moaning over the cloak I won't give up until Doctor Strange began to chuckle. I stop for the second time and look away to hide my embarrassment face which was red as a tomato.

A moment or two the cloak unwrap itself. The tight feeling of being squeezed had vanished as I look upon my body and relieve for the cloak had disappeared. "That's better," I sigh while getting into a sitting position.

"Interesting," the doctor remark. I look at him with confusion. He had already standing straight and began circling around me with interest.

"What do you mean by that?" I began and shifting from my previous position to a standing position.

"You're hiding something, I can guarantee but why is that?" He comes to a halt. "Why are you hiding it?" He repeats the question.

"Before I answer that question, how did you know? How did you know there was something, at this specific location, was here before?" My turn to ask him in order for me to prevent from answering his question.

He didn't answer my question right away instead pointing at me. I glance at where he was pointing. "I didn't see anything" I gave him a shrug.

He sighs. "On your shoulder. Some magic remnants were left behind." He finally explains.

I glance over for the second time and to my horror, there were some remnants. Golden remnants to be exact and it was Phoenix's. 'Oh Phoenix.' I facepalm.

"Now tell me-" I cut off Doctor Strange immediately. "You still didn't answer my burning question." I remind him.

"I intend not to."

"Why?"

"I rather sort the important matters than answering your question." He turns his back against me.

"Fine then. You don't need any information from me because you are too busy handling those important matters," sarcastically stated, I left. "It was nice talking to you but I, too, had urgent matters to sort out. Bye." Not what I expected but at least Phoenix is safe, for now.

Walking out of the path while thinking of a way to communicate with Phoenix again I notice something. I was lost in my thoughts when the yellow sparks enter my field of vision.

"Wait a sec. Something is not right." Tuning my back I was shocked. I literally passed through a portal. 'When did it opened?' Question marks all over in my mind. On the other side of the portal was the alley that I met Phoenix and Doctor Strange. "If that's the alley before, then, where is here?" I wonder.

"Sanctum Sanctorum, New York." The familiar voice gave me an answer.

"What?!" I exclaim and glancing at the source of the voice which was at the top of the stairs before looking at the portal. But the portal had already vanished.

"You can't be serious." I glance back at the owner of the voice. "Why would you do that?!!" I exclaim again.

"For a reason," Doctor Strange briefly answer with a shrug.

"Which is?"

"How about we discuss this matter over a cup of tea?" He offers.

"Let me think" I pause. I'm not sure why he brought me here at Sanctum Sanctorum but a cup of tea seems nice. "Alright, lead the way" accepting his offer, I follow him upstairs.