Chapter 39

Music: SHINee - Good Evening

(I swear that song is beautiful)

OOOOH! Spending some time with Baekhyun? How will that go?
—-

(Y/N) POV:

...BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEE-

Slam.

I groan, regretting the fact that I recently got a proper alarm clock. I glance at the clock, my eyes still weary.

11:50

*inhale*

I'M SUPPOSED TO SPEND TIME OUT WITH BAEKHYUN TODAY AND THERE'S ONLY FIVE MORE MINUTES LEFT UNTIL I'M SUPPOSED TO MEET UP WITH HIM!

Without a thought I launch myself out of my bed and grab whatever I can find in my wardrobe, forcing it onto my body. Oh, and a mask and sunglasses. Can't forget the celebrity disguise.

I rush through the main room to be greeted by Jin- he was cooking an early lunch of spaghetti. Kyungsoo and Dokyeom were also helping making the sauce.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Care to join us in lunch?" Jin asks kindly, holding a wooden spoon in his right hand. Dokyeom also notices my presence, smiling. 

"NOPE, SORRY I DON'T HAVE TIME! IT LOOKS DELICIOUS THOUGH! I'VE GOT TO GO SOMEWHERE BUT THANKS FOR OFFERING! I'LL EXPLAIN LATER IF YOU WANT!" I exclaim. I was already out of the building before any of them could answer, my limbs flailing behind me.

I jog to the bus stop, my small backpack bouncing against my back. Gosh it's been a while since I've properly ran. I can just see the bus stop in the distance, a small peck within the less crowded areas of Seoul. It slowly gets larger and larger, taking up most of my view until-

"(Y/N)!" Baekhyun leaps towards me like a puppy, his fluffy dark hair ruffling as he moves around. Before I answer I bend down. I continue to pant, trying to catch my breath. After regaining my posture, I ask: "What... *pant* t... *pant* time... *pant* is... *pant pant*... it?"

"You might want to start exercising more..." someone scoffs from behind Baekhyun. I glance up. They step forward. Chanyeol...? Baekhyun slaps Chanyeols shoulder, giving him a threatening look. Baekhyun coughs, checking the time on an expensive looking watch. "You were bang on time, (Y/N), it just turned 12 o'clock a few seconds ago!" I nod while watching Chanyeol suspiciously. "Oh, yeah, about him," Baekhyung begins. "Chanyeol insisted that he came after he managed to read my texts somehow." Chanyeol looks away. "Well, the more the merrier, right...?" I awkwardly laugh, realising that there was no reason for me to say that and I should've just stayed quiet.

"ANYWAYS, off we go!" Baekhyun chuckles, walking out of the bus stop and into the streets. "Wait, I thought we're going on the bus?" I ask, and to that Baekhyun quickly answers: "Surprise! We're going on the subway!"

---

Baekhyun and Chanyeol sit next to each other on the train and I sit opposite them. And I keep worrying about Chanyeol like I did a while ago. Him- the guy who is just as bouncy and cheerful as Baekhyun, possibly more- acting so... abnormally? I have never seen him be so... unlike him before. I'm sure he's just having a little mood swing. Right?

The subway train whisks us away into the depths of Seoul. It was Saturday, so it wasn't as busy as a weekday morning, of course. But there were still a decent chunk of people sat around the carriages. Well, still half empty. I would've expected more people. There was the classic middle aged men reading their newspaper; the mother and small child on a day out; some men and women in crisp suits on the way to weekend work- same old same old. The handles for the standing passengers rock from side to side as they get rattled by the movement of the train.