Chapter 1

Sitting happily at the prime lunch table, Cathy, Adrianna, Sasha and I ate our tray meals chatting. "So Lainey, are you and Luke officially together yet?" Sasha asked me.

"Oh you know, on and off. Or like friends with benefits or something," I replied, tossing my blonde hair over my shoulder. Perfectly timed, Luke, Mikey, Ashton, and Calum walked towards the table.

"Hey," Luke said, throwing his arm around me. Weirdly, I felt like someone was looking at us. Not the way people usually do, you know the glance then look straight away. But, no. It felt like someone was stalking or something. I quickly turned my head and darted my eyes around. There, I saw some girl eating alone.

"Who's that?" I pointed towards the girl subtly.

"Alina Turner, she's in my maths class," Calum answered, following my gaze. Everyone else looked towards her and she finally looked away.

"Don't pay attention, just relax," Luke put his mouth close to my neck.

I shrugged him off, "Whatever, and Luke I don't want another hickey! My parents totally knew it wasn't a burn from my curler."

"That girls staring again." Adrianna mumbled then bent her head to her lunch and picked at her veggies. I looked back at the girl and she turned away. She was kinda cute looking. She had dark brown waves and faded blue eyes, her skin was a bit pasty looking but alright.

"She's actually pretty," Cathy spoke, practically reading my mind. "I'd kill for those eyes." Cathy instead, had dark chocolate eyes and black ringlets in her hair. Her skin was dark and flawless.

"Oh stop it," Michael responded, wrapping his arms around Cathy. "You're gorgeous." They'd been dating for almost a year now, definitely the cutest couple in school.

"Aww," a few people around us cooed at them. I smiled at some. It was great knowing almost everyone, being in the popular crowd wasn't easy and leading it was even harder. Although it's definitely worth it.

"So Ashton," Sasha began. I knew where this was going. Sasha was trying to get in invite to the formal from Ashton but when she looked up to where he was sitting he was gone. "Uh, never mind, then," Sasha added turning her red face away.

"What the hell? Why is Ashton sitting with that, Alina chick!" Adrianna gaped. A few people who usually had their eyes on us now checked out the Ashton and Alina scene.

"Oh my god," I said in awe.

"I'm so confused. Lainey, what should I do now? Who else is going to ask me to formal?" Sasha asked me since I had been the one who told her she should try getting with Ashton.

"I'll take you," Calum offered Sasha.

"But, you're taking Ade!" I half-shouted.

"Yeah, you're taking me, you asked and everything," Adrianna's voice was filled with concern.

"I can take both of you, I can take all of you, if you want," Calum defended.

"No you can't!" Adrianna, Cathy, Sasha, and I all shouted in unison. By now everyone's heads were turned in our direction.

"Is there something to see here?" Luke stood up, addressing everyone staring. Heads quickly turned back to their previous position. Everyone except that Alina girls attention was gone. "Do I have something on my face?" Luke asked only her. She shook her head frantically and a blush appeared on her face. That was a tad bit mean of Luke but sure fun to watch. Luke began to sit back next to me when a familiar voice called him out.

"You know what, man?" Ashton began and started drawing everyone's attention back. "Maybe if you and your slut of a girlfriend kept it down people would have nothing to look at, so don't go blaming Alina.". We all gaped at him.

"He called Lainey a slut!" a year seven's voice rang out breaking the uncomfortable, silent moment. Voices began mumbling things of surprise and some of agreement.

What had I done to them? I tried to be as nice as possible and here people are throwing me under a bus. Especially Ashton! I guess he was trying to defend the new girl Alina but to drag me into this and call me a- a slut!

"Dude! Say what you want about me but don't you dare get Lainey into this," Luke retorted after a bit of silence.

"Yeah Ash! I thought we were friends," I added a bit sadly, finally looking back at him. A look of sorrow crossed his face right before he responded.

"Oh god, Lainey. I forgot you Luke are kinda together and- well you know I wouldn't call you that."

"Well you just did, mate!" Michael shouted, standing next to Luke. Back where Ashton was, Alina was frantically pulling back on Ashton's shirt.

"Just sit down," I saw her mouth at Ashton. "It's not a big deal for me just apologize to Lainey or whatever." Ashton left Alina's and walked sulkily towards ours.

"Don't sit with us," Cathy spat out, looking at me protectively.

"Laine, please-"

"I don't think that would be a great idea." I looked up at his pleading eyes. I just shifted my gaze down. "Just not right now."

Luke and Michael sat back down, turning their backs to Ashton. He slumped away from our table and sat back at Alina's.

"What a dick," Sasha mumbled. "But, I still don't have a date for the formal. Do you think Dylan would ask me?" She wondered aloud looking over at the pretty-boy brunette smiling at her a few tables over.

"Most likely." Ade replied following the point if direction. "What do you think, Lainey?"

"Yeah, sure," I said distractedly, while I leaned my head on Luke's shoulder. He put his arm around me again once he finished his lunch. Bringing all of us back to reality: the bell rang. Groans from all around followed as we walked almost like zombies to our 4th period class.

Well I hope this is okay, I just had an idea to make a story from a popular persons point of view lol