thirty seven

When we get out in the parking lot, I hear someone calling my name and turn around to find Rose

When we get out in the parking lot, I hear someone calling my name and turn around to find Rose. I didn't even know she was at the game today. I wave at her from a distance and she smiles, making her way to me.

"Hey." She breathes.

"Hi. What's up?" I ask.

"Oh, um, Evan asked me to tell you to wait in the parking lot. He said something about going out or shit like that." Rose says, waving her hand around.

"Not another party." I groan, making her laugh.

"Yeah, I am kinda sick of the parties after every game too. But he didn't mention one, so fingers crossed." She smiles.

Luke and Breanna are talking amongst themselves but then he excitedly turns towards me, wrapping his arms around my body in surprise, making me waver a step back as I pat his back awkwardly because we just don't hug like that.

"I might have saved your life or something, Luke.. but this is awkward." I say, "Also, can't breathe!"

He immediately lets go of me and I notice Breanna and Rose laughing at us. Luke's eyes are wide and excited as he stares at me.

"You scored me a dinner at her house. I kind of owe you my life." He says.

Oh, so that's what this is about. I shrug at him, "No big deal. Just fed her step-mom lies about how wonderful you are." I tease him and he pouts.

"I am gonna let that slip because I am happy, and I know that you actually meant it." He grins, "Also, sorry that it got Chris and you stuck."

"Got us stuck where?" I hear Chris behind me and immediately close my eyes, groaning internally.

I don't want to be around him right now, especially not when I am jealous of a stranger girl, and especially not when I am having a bad day to which he has contributed hell a lot!

"Nowhere." I glare at Luke and Breanna to keep their mouth shut before I turn around to see my wonderful boyfriend. Note the sarcasm.

He looks down at me, a frown set between his brows, "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Fine."

He scowls further, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I say and then quickly add, "Congratulations on the game and captainship." I smile at him genuinely and he returns it.

"Thanks, Claire." He kisses my forehead, the warm feeling seeping in as his lips touch my skin and at the gesture.

When an unfamiliar voice fills my ear, I immediately take a step back from Chris to see who it belongs to. The short hair girl with dark skin immediately comes in my few and Breanna pulls me to her, Luke putting an arm around my shoulder which makes me laugh a little at his protective gesture.