Twenty-Eight

Third person's POV

Dark circles and puffy eyes were a big sign that chaeyoung is not getting any sleep ... All he does is stare at his legs and feet. He can't move them or feel anything on his skin. He felt weak and useless, as if being disabled is damaging his manliness. Jeongyeon was busy on his phone as sana and momo went to rest in the house after a long day.

Chaeyoung wanted to use the bathroom he sat down but unlike before his legs didn't move like he wishes he held the first leg but the wounds on his back stung making him groan.

"Dude dude let me help you!" jeongyeon panicked a bit, he rushed to him and held his arm after he put the wheelchair in front of him, chaeyoung glared at it as if it was one of his worst nightmares.

"Okay first we need to put your legs out of bed" jeongyeon was talking to himself while helping his best friend "okay chaeyoung now move your hips so you can sit on the chair"

But chaeyoung didn't comply with jeongyeon's order "chae I know this is hard but please I am here along with mina and sana even momo"

"I feel useless" chaeyoung frowned while looking down.

Mina came in and held his hand "let me help you chae"

She, of course, was more professional and experienced than jeongyeon "jeongyeon can you leave for a while?"

The latter nodded and left, mina helped him sit on the wheelchair and came into the bathroom with him she was strong enough to put him back in bed "if a person is paralyzed anywhere in the spine, the messages don't travel between the body and the brain like they once did. Often times the body does not know the bladder is full or that it is leaking urine when over full. It doesn't know how to hold urine in or, conversely, let it out at the right time" she explained.

"So does that mean I might pee myself one day?" he sassed.

"No not always but now we must insert a catheter into the urethra and up into the bladder where the urine will drain out. The catheter allows the person to relieve the bladder when they cannot control the start and stop of the urine flow and eventually, you will be able to control it" mina was talking with chaeyoung as a patient... A patient that can't believe that he is that pathetic now.

"Mina I want to stay alone"

"Chaeyoung" she held his hand and soft-spoken but that didn't move him.

"Mina please and tell jeongyeon to leave I don't need anyone"

"I will" she left his room while he broke into tears when sana was waking to his room "he said he wants to be alone" said mina while putting her hands in the white robe's pockets.

"I will just see him for a few minutes"

"You didn't hear me? He said he wants to be ALONE!"

"Sometimes we say we want to be alone but our real desire is exactly the opposite. We wait for someone to hold us tightly"

"Chaeyoung is broken now I think he really needs time for himself, I am talking to you as a doctor, sana"

"I don't think that doctor mina now excuse me it's time for me to stay beside chaeyoung" sana faked a msile at mina and walked into his room.

When he cried there was a weakness to it, like the pain was still an open wound. His whole body was shaking. The sobs were stifled at first as he attempted to hide his grief, then overcome by the wave of his emotions he would break down entirely, all his defenses washed away in those salty tears. When he, at last, turned his face to sana who was standing by the door with a loosed shoulders and teary eyes he was a picture of grief, loss, devastation "sana-ya what do I do? I am so useless"

She threw her bag away and walked to him with big steps just to hug him so tight the hug was a simple enough gesture - affection, perhaps the fragile feelings of their love. The arms that held him were soft, yet strong. The feel of her body so close to his soothed him more than he had expected he found peace and safety. He cried his heart, every tear is carrying a story.

After calming for a bit she sat on a chair beside him, holding his hand and caressing it with her thumb while looking at him.

"I didn't tell you"

"About?" he sniffed.

"I am the designer of that brand"

"I knew it" he smiled "it's our symbol after all" he pinched her nose and grinned at her. The two stared at each other's eyes for a while.

"You are like this because of me" she said as she was on the verge of tears.

"No no" he cupped her face "it's okay it's just my fate and I am fine, you are by my side and that's the matter to me"

He kissed her palm and smiled at her, oblivious that mina was watching them. She looked down at her hand and removed her ring. Usually, she would cry but it doesn't matter anymore.

She walked to her office brushed her straight hair and took off her white robe before she drove to her house with chaeyoung, she looked around and smiled at all the sweet yet bitter memories she shared with chaeyoung. The big photo from their wedding was decorating the beige wall in the living room. She looked so pretty that day but anyone can notice the coldness between them, how he was forcing a smile to the camera, how his hand rested on her hip awkwardly. She grabbed it and put it in the big suitcase on top of all her outfit.

She gave the apartment the last look before she left, leaving behind her memories she wishes she will forget.

A few days passed...

Chaeyoung's POV

Getting used to the fact that I can't walk or move like before is so rough to me. I am still in the hospital but I can get out soon, I was sitting alone in the room when mina came into my room "the nurse just checked the IV I am fine" I whined because the over-carefulness about my condition is frustrating.

"I am not here to check up on you" she smiled warmly at me and I watched her sit on a chair beside me "I am here to tell you something"

"Go ahead"

"In the last four years, we were together as friends, colleagues and married couple... I enjoyed my time with you so much and loved you sincerely but unfortunately it was an unrequited love" she sighed "I did everything to you to make you at least love me for myself but I probably didn't fill your desires and standards or" she smiled dryly at me "sana left impact on you more than I ever did, I don't hate her nor you but I hate myself for thinking that I have a chance" she took a deep breath "but not anymore, I won't expect anything from you nor anyone" I watched her taking off her ring, she placed it on my thigh and smiled "I told my dad about my decision and I don't think I need to discuss it with you, this is better for me, you and sana... I can't stand between two hearts that beat for each other and stop them from being together"

"Mina, I don't know what to say" I was lost for words... Her decision shocked me and made me feel bad for her but she is right. My heart will always be with sana's.

She stood up and looked at my IV bag "I will tell them to change it for you"

She headed to the door when I called her but she didn't look at me "thank you and I hope you will find a better person that will love you sincerely and won't be an asshole like me"

She nodded and left the room I looked at her ring and sighed... she sacrificed her love for my happiness... I wish the best for you myoui mina...

TWO chapters are left ^_^ ... I will probably end it this week and start the michaneg (GXG) story next week :D Please Vote and Comment I will appreciate it.