The Hearing

I've been dealing with this man for 15 years. We've been to hell and back with each other but no matter what I'm always by his side. He's the father of my little angel and she's a daddy's girl so there's no way I could leave him alone if I tired. Today is a very special day for her though, she gets to celebrate her 5th birthday and her daddy is coming home. I just hope things go better then they did at his hearing the week before when I told him everything.

1 Week Earlier

"Mr. Johnson we hope we didn't make the wrong decision today and we hope you'll do right this time." The judge banged his gavel and dismissed court. As I walked to the table where we normally sat I felt the urge to start crying. I wanted to be strong though, I didn't want to show him any weakness when I told him.
"Wssp baby girl? You ready for daddy to come home?" Cory said leaning in to kiss my cheek.
"Hey um Cory." My voice was shaky
"What's wrong with you? Why you sound like you ain't happy a nigga just got parole."
"No I'm happy for you. Really. It's just........ I have something to tell you."
"Wsp? What wrong? Is it Shanice?"
"No. No. She's fine. Wait till she finds out you're coming home." I chuckled and grabbed my neck. I was starting to sweat and my hands started to get clammy. "So you know how you told me you didn't care what I did anymore and that as long as you can see your daughter I can do whatever while your in here?"
"Yea I remember. You know I just be saying stuff when I'm mad. You know I love you and we gone be a family when I come home."
"Well about that. I'm talking to this guy and we are getting pretty serious." He looked at me with those big brown eyes and before I knew it my shirt was in his hands bringing me close to his face.
"MR JOHNSON!!" A guard came running over to us. "Do you really wanna be doing something like this after you just made parole?" He grabbed him up and put hand cuffs on him, sat him down hard, and took a step back. I couldn't take my eyes away from his while all this was going on. I grabbed my bag and started to get up but I couldn't break this gaze that I had with him.
"So you just gone say some shit like that and try and leave?"
I was stuck in mid air trying not to cry. I threw my purse on the seat and started to ball my eyes out. I'm pretty sure everyone else in the room is staring but I don't care anymore. I finally gathered the courage and say, "I was lonely Cory, you wouldn't talk to me you refused my visits like what was I supposed to do, huh?"
He sat there and gave no response so I picked up my purse and stormed out I wasn't going to do this whole silent trip again with his childish ass. Later that night he called and apologized and we talked about everything. He agreed to try and meet my guy for the sake of his daughter.