Mr. Nice

Now don't get me wrong no matter what me and Cory go through we always come back to each other but right now I thought it would just be me and him for a minute or at least until I was out his house. There's this nice bar in his lofts that I like to go and clear my head sometimes and it was closed. The closes bar to here is maybe 3 blocks and I don't wanna be buzzed that bad so I'm going to just turn around and go back upstairs. I turned around and ran into this skinny tall handsome man and knocked my ass on the ground. He extended his hand out to me but before I could take it Cory's big light skin ass was pushing the guy from over me.
"Aye bruh watch what you doing. You ain't see my woman walking? DAMN NIGGA."
I hopped up to get in-between him and the guy before Cory ripped his head off .
"Cory calm down I ran into him. Just chill ok. I'm fine. Please let's go you're embarrassing me."
I grabbed his arm and walked towards the elevators.
"Nahh he seen you baby I'm finna go beat his ass."
Before he could get away, the elevator doors opened and I pulled his ass inside. Now I know he meant well but the fact that he made that big ass scene about me bumping into that man. He grabbed my arm dragging me off the elevator and into the apartment. After giving me a push he turned to shut the door then stormed off into the bathroom. Sometimes I wonder what the fuck is this mans problem like why does he get so upset about the smallest things. But I don't have time for this shit tonight I'm going to stay home if if they aren't done with the house yet. I start grabbing my lil overnight bag so I can go and then I heard a knock at the door. It was probably his Lil date so I gathered my shit and went to leave but when I opened the door there was the skinny tall guy that I ran into. I quickly pushed him back and came out and shut the door. I grabbed his hand and pulled him on the elevator before the doors closed.
"Do you want to be killed?" I asked looking at him all side ways.
"Um no. Who's gonna do that?" I grabbed my face in a sign of frustration, maybe he didn't think Cory was crazy enough to do something like that.
"By the guy who shoved you away from me after I bumped into you." I was talking with my hands and he was paying attention to those instead of looking at me so I grabbed my face again like this guy is really frustrating me. The elevator ding and I just ran off. I headed for the garage because I wasn't going to take a Uber while there are three cars here.
"Miss wait up!"
Ok now I know I have a friendly face and that smile I gave him when I was on the floor after I seen his face probably said I was nice but right now I just wanted to get home and be left alone.
"Why you walking so fast anyway?"
"Look if you don't mind sir I would like to get home. Why you keep following me anyway? Do I need to call my husband?"
"That might be pretty hard considering I have your phone."  I whipped around looking confused at him and he just laughed.
"I didn't want to turn it in to the doorman because they never do right in these situations, especially when it's a woman involved." He handed me my phone and started to walk away. I don't know why but I said to him "Well thanks for being a Good Samaritan. Did you put your number in it while you had it?" He gave me this little laugh and started blushing.
"Well the way you and that guy took off, I got the sense that you guys were together. Then you just confirmed it when you told me you would call him if I didn't stop following you so no I did not put my number in it." I rolled my eyes at him saying the word husband. As much as I love Cory the two of us could never be in a marriage. He was too much of a thug to ever be in a marriage plus he loved having different women so I was cool on that idea a long time ago.
"He's not my husband, just my baby's father. I apologize about the whole scene in the lobby. I just got released from the hospital and should not be falling on the ground like I did and he was just trying to protect me."
"I understand and I'm sorry about bumping into you. I should've been paying attention to where I was going. I'm Matthew by the way." He extended his hand to me. I was hesitant but I shook it.
"I'm Sasha."
"Nice to meet you Miss. if you don't mind since we've been introduced I would like to put my number in your phone. If that's ok with you."
I handed him my phone and he took a minute and put his information in. I forgot about leaving before Cory caught me but surprisingly he didn't come in the garage. Matthew handed me my phone and started to walk away again. "See you later Miss Sasha."
"See you later Matthew."
I drove Cory's least favorite car so he wouldn't come harassing me about it later. I stayed at a hotel because I was too scared to sleep in my house by myself after all of that stuff that happened I think I'll be asking Cory to move in for awhile just to be a little protected. I rolled over in the king sized bed and shut my eyes. My phone chimed twice and I thought it was Cory so I was about to turn my phone off when I read the name on the screen: Matthew. A little smile crept across my face.