Taking A Day

Knock, knock "Housekeeping?"
I opened my eyes and stretched out my body.
Knock, knock "Housekeeping?"
Housekeeping? Shit how long was I sleep.
"No thank you" I yelled looking for my phone in this big ass bed. It's 1pm and I had 20 missed calls and 200 texts messages from Cory, 30 calls from my momma, about 10 texts from my daddy, 20 calls from Bre, 15 texts from Tink, and then my baby called me 5 times. She even left me these cute little voicemails saying momma pick up the phone daddy's sad. I knew how to keep a low profile dealing with Cory. When ever I did anything that I kept from people I paid all cash that way there's no trace. I ain't wanna go off the grid like this though. I thought I texted Bre where I was before turning off my location. Oh well damage is done so let me get up and start my day. I showered still ignoring my phone I kinda want to turn it off but I am a mother and should keep tabs on my baby, but I just want a day to myself. I waited for her to call me back because I ain't wanna risk Cory being around answering the phone. She called and said that she was having grandma and granddaughter day with my momma. I talked to her and my momma for like a hour arguing about her getting a puppy. Now I'm not against it I just don't want nothing else to feed, clean up after, and watch like it's a child. I barley liked Shanice ass cause she was every bit of my mother now a days and she irked but I loved her. After talking to them I called Bre and Tink letting them know I was fine and that I just needed a me day and that somebody needed to tell Cory so he don't go crazy. I also got a message from Matthew this morning. I ain't wanna seem all excited so I just texted him back. To my surprise he answered right away. We talked for a few hours and decided to meet up for a late lunch. I went to the nail shop and then the mall to get me something that covered some of these scars I have now. We agreed to meet in the lobby of my hotel because he persisted that he picked me up. I went home and got my lil purse gun because even though he was cute don't mean he might not try something. I wasn't scared though cause I think I can take him anyway so I'm good.
He pulled up in a nice maroon Porsche. He got out the car and greeted me with a handsome smile and a kiss on the cheek.
"You look beautiful."
" Well thank you. I didn't know if I should be fancy or slutty. So I chose fancy to be safe."
He laughed and put his arm out for me to take and walked me to the car. I reached for the handle and he grabbed my hand and shook his head. I blushed and put my head down with a grin. He opened the door for me and I slid in all nice and elegant. After driving for about five minutes in silence I turned the radio up and my song was on. I'm singing my Anita Baker and bobbing my head. This my granny favorite song and I haven't heard it in a while so I'm really feeling it. I look of and he's just taking lil glimpse of me while he driving. I stop dancing and stuff because I felt embarrassed.
"Why you stop dancing? It was kinda cute."
"Because I can't really dance right now and I know I look embarrassing."
"Not at all. It was really cute."
"You just saying that. Where are we going to eat because I'm really starving and this is looking like it's going to be a dinner instead of lunch." He chuckled and licked his fine ass lips.
"You caught me. There's this event I have to appear at and I didn't want to go. Then when you said a late lunch I figured I would be able to take you to my event. Then when I picked you up I knew I picked the right lady friend to take out today because you're dressed so nice without me even saying anything about an event. So just sit back and enjoy this evening, I promise you won't regret it." He gave me a smile and for some reason I sat back and didn't say nothing the rest of the ride. We went to this art gallery for a few hours. Apparently Matthew is a retired basketball player that played over seas and now has one of the most successful art businesses and he has a chain of restaurants. We had dinner at his beach front location. We got to know each other a lot more while I was eating all the free food and having all the free drinks I could. After dinner we walked barefoot on the beach. I haven't had this much of a relaxing day in a long time and I felt I needed this and deserved because I held down the fort while Cory was gone and no he is back and I don't have to anymore. After pulling back up at the hotel I realized that the restaurant in there was his.
"So Miss Sasha can I take you out again?" I gave him a smile and a head nod then reached for my door handle. I stopped and looked over to him. I haven't opened my door all night and he didn't try to stop me. "You not gonna open my car door?"  I was confused he almost took my hand off earlier when I tried to do it myself.
"Miss Sasha I wasn't done talking to you but if you're ready to go then let me get that for you."
He opened my door and when I stepped out I grabbed his hand.
"Well how about you give your keys to the valet and come finish talking to me in my room."
He gave a nice smile and tossed his keys to the valet.