+48

There was something unusual about tonight's weather. Or maybe he was just imagining things.

Today was still quiet as usual. No one is at home right one except him and the new house maid. The sudden decision of hiring a house maid was weird for him.

In a bad way.

It felt like he was being watched.

The thought had been going around inside his mind since the day the house maid came which was two weeks ago. He became conscious of his actions because of it. Maybe that was his parents' real purpose.

He sighed, letting all of his anxious thoughts out from his body. He gripped on his bedsheets as he looked around his room. It wasn't as lively as before, it was never lively anyway. His room was cleaned up and it looked flawless. Everything was new to him. There weren't crumpled papers sitting on the floor, his trash bin was empty, his study table was cleared from old books. But he couldn't do anything about it. The house maid would go there at exactly 10 o'clock in the morning to arrange everything. He did not want that but he didn't have the power to say it out loud.

He never had the power to do anything against his family's will.

"You'll be nothing without us."

He stood up and went to the his door. He opened it slowly and took a peek at the empty hallway. The coast was clear and he began to lock his door the same way when he opened the door— slowly with cautious.

He looked at his wall clock and saw that it was past midnight. He knew that the house maid would have been asleep at this time. He felt relieved, and so he made his way to his closet.

He opened it. The closet remained constant. The clothes were still a mess and it was the only place that the house maid never bothered to clean. His clothes when he was young were still there— placed at the every back of the closet. It looked like a pile of colorful fabric but no one aside from him knew that something was hidden there.

He took his hidden possessions out and quickly made his wat to his study desk to place it there.

It was his laptop and cellphone.

1:29 am

Kyungsoon bit her lips as she stared at her cellular phone for the past few minutes. The screen showed her contacts. Jisung revealed what he had been hiding since their first conversation. He had told her that he didn't want to reveal everything because it would be better if that guy was the one who would say it all.

Kyungsoon wasn't really suprised with the sudden revelation.

She wasn't stupid.

She had been wondering since the day they had their videocall and when Jisung told her, all of her assumptions were true.

She went back to her senses and recalled the last message Jisung sent her.

okjichung:
That's his contact number.
if you're going to call him,
call him after midnight.

And so she hit the call button.