Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Chris POV

Following the running Ky through the woods was fun. And a great workout! Anyway, she lead us toward a clearing, and on the other side was a creek.

It was a really nice creek too. The water wasn't polluted, and there was probably game round here that would be easy to catch.

"Come on guys! Jump in!" She yelled, grabbing a rope that hung suspended from a large tree. She pulled her legs tight around it and rested her hands above one of the many knots.

Climbing over to a rock, she hiked to the top. Aren't creeks shallow? She better not get hurt.

James counted down. "Three...Two...One...GO!" He shouted in my ear. I jumped back, not knowing he had been right there.

Ky let go midway through the swing. She plummeted toward the earth, and dove beneath the surface.

She came back up for air, and swam to shore. "If you guys land here, it's about eight feet deep!" She called out.

Before too long, every one of us had successfully rope swung off of the big rock. We were jumping off and spinning, doing tricks, and stuff like that.

On what seemed like her billionth turn, Ky announced: "I'm gonna try something I've never done before!"

I watched nervously as she grabbed into the rope with her hand, then followed her feet. She let go a little after the middle and went farther than usual.

Bubble were coming up, so we cheered. I was in line to try it next.

I'm getting nervous, because she hasn't come up yet. It's been about a minute, and no sign.

I'm freaking out. How can this happen? I ran down to the side of the creek and dove in. I went to where I saw Ky swing in last.

Taking a deep breath, I swam down and looked for anything that may give me a sign of what happened.

I'm starting to swim upwards when suddenly two hands drag me down. I can't breath and I'm trying to kick but whatever monster's got me is strong.

It's surprising when I find a pocket of air above my head. There's a hole in the top of the air pocket that let's some light in.

Cave walls surround me. This place is actually nice. There's even a small sand shore.

Stepping on to the dry sand, I'm shocked to see a smiling Ky. She looks at me and laughs.

"You guys fell for that one! let me go get the others." She says.

I smile and admit that it is kind of funny. This girl has a weird sense of humor. I watch as she swims towards the exit.

--------------------

Austin's POV

Chris hasn't come up either. I'm actually nervous now. I may not like Kylie that much but I don't want her to die!

Before anyone could do something, Hayden and James dove in. We waited a few seconds before James came up alone.

"Holy crap! Guys there's something dow-" My little brother's head went under mid sentence. He's not coming back up.

Shawn jumped in after him. He dove down, trying to find James. He came up a few seconds later, gasping for air.

"What's going on?" I call out, but Shawn had disappeared.

I step towards the creek, but hands pull me back. "Don't leave me alone Austin!" Shane pleaded.

Looking at him, I acted calm and called back. "Come with me then."