Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Kylie POV

After having the most delicious dinner I have ever eaten, it was already 8:00 PM. Clearing the dishes into the sink, I laughed at the fact that there was no leftovers in sight. It may have something to do with the grilled cheese contest Hayden and I had.

I run up the stairs, grabbing my bag, and slide into the bathroom. Locking the door with the familiar click, I quickly change into my pajamas.

Soft red shorts under an old white T-shirt is my new outfit. I'm in love with how comfy it feels, and how cute it looks as well.

Still in the bathroom, I take out my green toothbrush and squirt some blue Colgate toothpaste on it. I brush my teeth until they are look almost bleached. Well, at least to me they do.

The door swings open and I step into the hallway. When I get to my room, I chunk my bag on the floor. I see Cassie sitting on the bed, playing with some sort of tablet. She giggles and taps the screen, and I roll my eyes. I can't believe how entertained she is by that thing.

I creep down the stairs, seeing my victim at the bottom of the stairs. It's Hayden. He's distracted by something on his phone. I'm so close that I can read what he's texting to a number.

The conversation goes like this:

?: Hey Hayden! ;)

H: Who is this? I'm not Hayden.

?: It's Victoria Wade silly! <3

H: How the heck did you get my number?!!

V: That's for me to know and you to find out! ;)

H: Leave me alone

V: Oh come on silly! I know you love me!

H: Creep

V: Come on Hayden! Wanna take me on a date? ;D

H: Sorry I have a girlfriend

V: Me? <3

H: Definitely not you.

Contact succesfully blocked.

Sighing, Hayden put his phone down and shut it off. Perfect timing.

I let out a battle cry and tackled him, causing him to topple to the floor and roll over. Hayden let out a girly scream. Then, realizing it was me, he glared. I started to laugh and pretty soon he was laughing too.

Chris came sprinting down the stairs. "What happened? What's wrong?" He yelled, frantically looking around. Seeing me and Hayden lauhing on the floor, he gave a relieved sigh and a confused look before walking upstairs.

A few seconds later, me and Hayden sat up, holding our sides and breathing heavily. Glancing at me, he smiled. "How did you do that? I didn't even hear you come downstairs."

"Magic." I told him. He rolled his eyes. "On a more important note, who's Victoria?" Hayden's smirk dissappeared.

Frowning, he asks, "You saw that?" I nodded my head. He sighs. "Victoria is this creepy girl who manages to be popular, even though she's practically in love with every boy in the school. She's also a stalker, and I have no idea how she got my number."

"Are you popular?" I ask, curious. Hayden shrugs, and nod his head. "Well, all seven of us are really. We don't really hang out with anyone that much, but it happened somehow." He explains.

Well there goes my hope of having friends. Hayden must of seen my sad expression, because he put his arms around my shoulder. "Ay! Don't worry about school! Everything will be fine!" I smiled up at Hayden. He was like the older brother I never had.