Chapter Nine

Apollo pulls in front of the casino. I look at it. It is all lit up like a Christmas tree. I sigh. I turn to thank him, but instead of that, I'm greeted by a laugh.

"What?" I ask him. It's a bit weird that he is always laughing at me.

"You look pretty," he says serious. I look down. I'm in a long strapless black dress with a slit down the right side that goes half way up my thigh. I'm also in black six inch high heels. My hair falls in my face. It has been perfectly curled.

"Mother," I mumble under my breath. Why does she have to make me wear dresses? Apollo laughs at me again.

"By the way," he warns me, "don't eat the Lotus flowers. They will put you in a trance that will keep you prisoner here."

"Thanks," I say, "for everything."

I hop out of the car. I look back to thank him again, just to see her is starting at my butt. What is with him? I'm engaged.

I enter the casino. There are so many things to do. And not just gambling. I can see a roller coaster, royal climbing, and tons of video games. Most people my age are wearing everyday clothes.

"Why couldn't wear my other clones?" I think out loud.

Because you are my child, my mother's voice rings in my head. I moan at what she said. A guy in his early twenties comes up to me. He is in the casino uniform.

"Here is your complimentary fun book," he tells me. I grab the book. It is a small green book with a gold lotus on the front.

"Anything else?" he asks me. can see him practically drool over. I must admit, there are advantages being daughter of Aphrodite.

"Can you please tell me where Percy Jackson is?" I ask him.

"Over by the Pac man machine," he replies. I thank him and head that direction. Every guy starts top stare at me. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I spot Percy looking confused and dazed. He has been in the same clothes for five days. I walk up to him.

"Percy," l say trying to get his attention. He looks at me confused.

"Liz?" he asks. "What are you doing here? Why are you in a dress?"

"First off," I reply, "I'm looking for you guys. Second, my mom."

The entire time Percy is just nodding at what I said. Then it hits me. The other two aren't here.

"Where's Annabeth and Grover?" I ask Percy.

"Follow me," he says. We start walking when we get stopped by a few waitresses. All of them are carrying trays with lotus flowers. I remembered Apollo's warning. I grab two and thank them. After they leave I through them in a plant.

"Hey," Percy exclaims. "I thought you were going to give me one."

"They put you in a trance."

He stares at me like I'm crazy. But I can see the gears turning in his head. Then he realizes that I'm correct. He grabs my arm and Urals me towards Grover. Grover is playing this weird hunting game where the animals are hunting the hunters.

"Grover," Percy shouts. Grover turns around, pointing out at him. When Grover sees me, he lowers the fake gun. He keep staring at me. I raise my hand and slap him. He shakes his head.

"What are we doing here?" Grover asks.

"Trying to find the pearl," Percy says. At least their not in that trance any more. Grover starts pulling me towards the strategy and trivia section. Annabeth is sitting at a table, making a 3d image of a temple. Probably to her mother. I remember her saying that she wants to be architect. Percy splashes water on her. She looks up.

"What's wrong with you?" She shouts. She looks behind us.

"Time to go," I guessed.

"Yeah," she replies. I turn around. The security guards start walking in our direction. We run towards the exit. Two security guards grab my arms. They try to shove a lotus flower in my mouth. They finally stop.

"Now you wouldn't want to hurt an innocent girl, now would you," I ask in my sweat and innocent voice. They loosen up their grip. I slip out of the fleshy cuffs and flip them over. Percy picks up a small object. I think it is the pearl.

"The car," Grover shouts. I run towards a sleek black sports car. Annabeth and I get in the back of the car. Percy and Grover up front.

"The keys," I yell. Grover grabs the keys and starts the engine. He goes full speed out of the casino. While in the process shattering the glass door. He speeds through the street. Percy reads a sign out loud.

"That's impossible," he concludes. "Today is June nineteenth. Not the twenty-fourth"

"It is," I tell him. "You have been in there for five days."

I run my hands through my hair. I find a bobby pin. But not just any bobby pin, my special bobby pin. Thank you mom, I think. I grab the bobby pin.

"Where to next?" Grover asks.

"The Hollywood sign," Percy reads out loud. I can get us there in four hours, maybe the," Grover replies. He pushes the petal a little more. I can feel the car accelerate.