Chapter Eight

My eyes start to droop. It is to hard to stay awake. We have three more hours till Nashville, hold on. I keep telling myself. I know soon I'm going to have to separate from this group. But how am I suppose to tell them? The Oracle's words ring through my head. Again, my eyes start to droop. Slowly the truck goes into the opposite side of the road. I notice this at the last second. In my attempt to move the vehicle back to the right side of the road, I woke everyone else.

"Let's stop for the night," Percy says. All of us agreed to that idea. We pulled into a decent motel. Percy went to go check is in. I lay my seat back and relaxed a little. The only time I did that was that night I spent with Luke.

Percy knocks on my window. I open the door and throw his backpack at him. I take a key from him and head up to the room.

                 **************

I hop out of the pool. Something grabs my leg and pulls me back in. I quickly get a full of air before going under. I shouldn't have attack a child of Poseidon in water. Percy pulls me at the bottom. I can see a smirk on his face. I swim back towards the surface. I start gasping for air. Percy starts laughing at me.

"Sorry that not all of us can stay under water for eleven minutes," I say sarcastically. I get back out. This time Percy didn't pull me back in.

"Have you talked to Luke lately?" he asks me.

"Yeah," I reply. "He had no idea about Medusa."

"I thought so." We sit in silence.

"Perce, I think you might want to see this," Grover shouts after a couple of moments. Thank you.

"It's ugly." He adds. Percy and I get up and head towards the room, which is on the second floor. We enter the room. I go into the bathroom to change. Through the door, I could here bits and pieces. But not enough to know what is about. I walk in a pair of jean shorts and a baggy navy blue shirt. Yes, that is what I wear to bed.

"Gabe is just mad that I busted him with my crutches," Grover brags. I laughed at his comment. Grover walks into the bathroom.

"Guys," Grover complains. He walks out with Medusa's head hang out of his hand. "I can't pee with her staring at me."

A scream fills my ears. I turn and see the maid was staring at us. She runs down stairs. Annabeth closes the curtains.

"We should go before homeland security comes." She states.

"I'll drive," l volunteer.

"NO," everyone shouts. Geez.

                ***********

I turn up the volume. Man of Constant Sorrow by Soggy Bottom Boys plays. Yes the band from O' Brother Where Are Thou.

"Turn it down," Grover complains.

"I'm a man of constant sorrow, I've trouble in my days." I sing. Annabeth playfully punches me. I get a weird feeling in my gut. We pass an old house. I need to check it out.

"We need to stop," I say to them.

"Why?" Annabeth asks. She seems confused. But Grover still pulls over. I open the door.

"What are you doing?" Annabeth asks me.

I told them about my prophecy. Percy speaks after a few minutes.

"I see."

I smile and walk out.

"Send me the next address when you get the pearl of I'm not caught up to you guys in time," I say them.

"Do you have the camp internet set up?" Annabeth asks. I nod my head. I wave goodbye and shut the door. I walk towards the house. It looks like it has been empty for a long time. The once white paint is fading. The window are shattered. Signs are everywhere saying they miss who ever lived here.

"It has been empty for fourteen years," a rich deep voice says behind me. I turn around to see a man about twenty with dark brown hair and sky blue eyes. His features look as though they have been chiseled our of marble.

"Lord Apollo," I state. I remember seeing him at the winter solstice trainings.

"Do you know who use to live here?" he asks me.

"No sir," I reply.

"You," he tells me. I stare at him in disbelieve. I use to live here. I actually can believe it.

"Come on, " he says to me. He pulls me inside. I look around. No one notices us. Unlike the outside, the inside is nice.

"Your mom preserved it to how it was before the attack," Apollo informs me.

"What attack?" I ask him. He stares at me like I'm an alien or something. "I was only three," I tell him.

"You and your dad got attacked by the Minotaur," he tells me. "Your neighbors found your dad dead in the living room and you were missing. The theory was that a thief came in and killed you're dad, then afterwards, you were kidnapped."

I stare in shock. For some reason Apollo just laughs. Why is he laughing at me?

"I was kind of expecting a different reaction," he says.

"If you were expecting me to cuss, well then don't get your hopes up," I tell him. He laughs again. What is up with him? I look outside. It is getting dark.

"There are several rooms to sleep in," Apollo says. I thanked him and went up stairs. There are seven doors. I open the first door on the right. Inside, the room is painted a dark red. A small bed for the size of a toddler. It has gold curtains all a round it. A simple entire dresser is in the corner. Dolls cover the floor. This was my room. I quickly walk out and close the door. I go to the door next to the room. It is a small room. All it has is a queen size bed and a chest at the foot of it. This would do. My iPod goes off. I take it out. Luke wants to talk to me. I accept the message.

“You okay?" Luke asks.

"Yes," I reply. "I'm in my old house."

"What?" Luke asks. He is so confused.

"This is the place I lived in before I went on the streets," I tell him.

"And the people just let you walk in?"

"It's abandoned."

"Then how is it..." I cut him off.

"Mom." I say. He nods his head.

"Night," I add. "Love you."

"Love you too," he tells me. "Goodnight."

I shut the iPod off and put it in my pocket. As soon as my head hour the pillow, I was out.

           *****************

The Sun shines bright outside my window. I stretch out. I check my iPod. I missed Annabeth's message. It reads: Lotus Casino in Las Vegas.

I check to make sure we're on schedule. My eyes widen with shock. Our deadline is tomorrow. I get up. Thankfully I feel asleep fully dressed for the day. I grab my bag and rush down stairs. Apollo looks shocked as I run by. Why is he still here? I rush outside. A hand grabs my arm. I turn around to see it's Apollo.

"Why are you in a rush?" he asks.

"I got to catch up to my friends," I tell him.

"Need a lift?" he asks politely. I do need to get there quick.

"Sure," I say. "Can you take me to the Lotus Casino?"

"Sure," he says. A red two seater Lamborghini appears in front of me. I stare in shock. Apollo hops on the driver seat. He pats the seat next to him. I get in the car. He pulls off. I try not to look down. I have a major feast of heights. This earns a laugh from Apollo.