~Chapter 7~

Authors Notes:
I'm not so sure how trigger warnings work. But this could be or could not be one.
So this chapter revolves around Betty's darkness it contains suicidal thoughts/slight actions take place. abuse is also a little in here.
Chapter 7.....

Betty always questioned her home, her family, everyone and everything. They acted as if they were perfect. But She knew they weren't.
"Good morning Betty." Her Mom waltzed into her room. "Here are your pills, it seems you forgot to refill them." She placed them on the bed carefully and she straightened back up and just stood there.
The pills weren't Betty's choice.Some days they made her feel ten times worse, cloudy, the world span and other days they made her feel right again they straightened her focus, cleared her mind.
"Okay, sorry mom." Betty apologised. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up.
"You didn't come home until very late Elizabeth. I am very disappointed. Where were you?" She challenged her daughter. Her eyebrow pointed as it raised and her eyes narrowed. She sucked her cheeks in giving herself a fierce pout. Her arms folded over and she stared at Betty.
"I was at Jughead's trailer." She said as she swallowed a pill.
"You were at Jughead's." She scowled.
"Yeah he's my boyfriend." Betty retorted.
"Betty? He isn't your boyfriend. Boys like Jughead Jones, gang members, don't like girls like you- intelligent, good girls. He is manipulating and using you for one thing. And I think we both know what that is young lady.I need to protect Betty it is my duty. I ban you from seeing that snake." She shrilled.
"Mom, you don't understand that you can't take my life away. The truth is Jughead is my life. More than you, more than dad, more than anyone. I love him, I am in love with him and he loves me." Betty snapped.
"Elizabeth Cooper! Why can't you be like your brother. He is so quiet and kind. Unlike you who rebels and do whatever you want." She scolded with a wicked tongue. "Sometimes deep down I wish that you would go to the sisters and learn a lesson just like he did." She grabbed Betty's wrist and whispered harshly into her ear.
"Don't you ever see that boy again."
Tears started pouring down Betty's face as her mom left. It hurt her so much that she would do that to Betty. That she would say that to Betty.
"Hey. Betty"
"What do you want?" It was her brother  coming to taunt her .
"I just wanted to say hi to my sister.  I heard what happened with mom just now. How do you like it or feel it unloved by your family." He walked closer coming face to face with her. He snarled. " I am glad that you feel that way. I am beaming. Because I had to feel that pain for 23 years Betty! 23 YEARS. It is your fault they never found me. YOURS. If you weren't born they would have found me, they wouldn't have been busy with a whiny, useless, selfish child. Betty they loved you but now they love me it's my turn. And until your gone I won't stop trying." He chuckled as his whispering stopped . He headed out of the room with evil overcrowding his face.
She picked up her phone and looked at pictures of her and Jughead throughout the years.
"I love him so much, I can't let him go. I learn let him go." She thought, but then she thought about what her mom would do.

Betty walked into the bathroom, sobbing silently. She stared at her broken face in the mirror. She stared down at a razor blade. She blinked, her fingers began shaking as she picked the blade up. She cut down her thigh until she heard calling, her mom was shouting for her. She threw the blade in the sink and looked at the cut. It wasn't big but it stung. She cried again with her hands on the sink.
"Elizabeth Coop-" She burst through the door she didn't see the cut because Betty covered it but she saw the blade. "What have you done?" She said her voice softened but the tone was still harsh. "Did you hurt yourself? Was it because of Jughead, I knew it. That boy ruined you."
Betty shook her head and sobbed silently.
Alice Cooper walked out the room but took the blade. Betty sobbed for a while until all the effort was gone, she could barley stand. Dark circles sat under her eyes, her skin was a greyish white colour.  She felt sick and her head throbbed and everything was too much.
She walked down the stairs and halfway down she heard her mom on the phone.
"Hello, Yes this is Alice Cooper. Yes I would like to speak to Sister Woodhouse." She waited for a few second and began again "Hello Sister I would like to send my daughter to you. Her name is Elizabeth Cooper. She has been hurting herself and has been through emotional issues with a boy."

The conversation carried on. They were sending Betty to the sisters. She didn't know what to do. Everything blurred, Betty ran up the stairs in a daze and shut herself in her room to think. She looked out the window and saw the ladder was still perched by window. Jughead climbed up this ladder to get to her room the other day and he must of left it there. She threw on a pair of leggings and a jumper, stuffed a bag with some essentials-extra clothes, toothbrush,hairbrush and her diary- and climbed out the window and down the ladder. She walked fast down the road and then found a bench and stopped. She didn't know what to do then. There was only one person she truly felt safe with.

The next thing she knew she was sat on the edge of cold, metal steps that led to the small trailer. She sat in the cold wind alone,scared, upset. She didn't know what to do. Her body was too tired to move. She sat on three steps and didn't move. She had tears running down her face still and her lungs shuddered as she cried, she went to reach for her bag but dropped it on the step and if made a loud sound. She picked her bag up fast but the people inside heard and there was a creak coming from the door...

Jughead and Fp were sat in the living room having a takeaway dinner when a mound bang came from outside.
"What was that?" Jughead asked his father as they both looked at the closed door.
"I don't know boy, stay here I'll go and see." He opened the door and looked outside his face dropped when he saw the blond girl in her youth sat, alone and broken.

"Betty?" Mr Jones said with worry in his voice.
"Jug! Jughead come here." Mr Jones walked down the steps and turned back so he was facing Betty. He crouched down and looked at the poor girl sat on the steps. Seconds later Jughead appeared at the door. He looked down and saw his girlfriend crying, hurting. He quickly rushed forward and sat down. He pulled Betty closer so her head rested on his chest. His arms tightened around her.
"Betty come in please." He whispered. She tried to stand but couldn't. Mr Jones headed inside, to leave Jughead to help Betty. Jughead didn't make her stand, instead he reached one hand underneath Betty's knee and one held her back. He lifted her up and she weakly wrapped her hands around his neck.
"Take her to the bedroom son. Then put  the covers over her and leave her to rest. I just got  a few blankets from the cupboard put them over her once she's in bed, she looks freezing." Mr Jones advised.
"Okay dad." He held Betty tighter as he looked down at her weak face. He saw the tears still pouring down her face and a tear left his eye too.
He led her down in the bed. He wrapped the duvet around her body and placed a blanket on top. He sat on the edge of the bed and stroked her side over the covers. He bent down and wiped her tear stained face and kissed her temple.
"I love you baby." Jughead whispered.
"Jug." Her voice croaked as she hadn't spoken- just cried.
"Hey Betts."  Betty smiled weakly after hearing his voice. "You get some sleep okay princess." He comforted. Jughead leaned down and kissed her forehead again before heading and the room, he closed the door behind him and left.
                                   •••
       Feedback is welcome people.
                I hope you enjoyed       "Finding Happiness" Chapter 7
•••