Huedhaut, The Snarky Intellectual: Story 4

Okay Abbey.... now is the time to get out this situation!

I scream at myself internally as I feel Huedhaut's well-defined body pressed up against me as he embraces me, not wanting to let go. All while the hand, the one that isn't around my waist is caressing my lips with a featherlike touch.

I hold my breath and don't move. However, it's not that I don't want to move its rather that I can't. His cool touch has me frozen in place, and his deep blue eyes intensely gaze as if he has me under a spell.

There's something different about him...

I come to notice from the way he's speaking, his touch and his stare.

"Aren't you going to pull away?" He says, whispering to me.

I gulp. "Yes..."

But I never do, I remain in place.

Feeling the fingertip touching my lips isn't being the least bit forceful. In fact, the affect of the sensation wants me to pull away from him less and less.

"You feel...warm. Hot, actually." Huedhaut grins, peering closer at my face.

"Am I...?" I quietly chuckle out of nervousness.

Then water droplets force me to blink as they drip from the tips of Huedhaut's hair, wetting my cheeks. The coolness of the water touching my skin makes me realize how warm my body really is.

My heart is beating so fast, like it never has before. I'm scared that it's rapid pounding will have it soon explode.

"Do you know?" Huedhaut asks, suddenly pulling away.

I'm left rather surprised when he releases me abruptly.

"They say dreams are expressions of our subconscious and desires. In other words, if you dreamt about me, you want me." Huedhaut says, arrogantly.

"E-e-excuse me?!" I shriek.

"You don't know your place, goldfish. You can't just go around trying to seduce gods like this."

"Whoooaa, there bud! S-seduce?!" I laugh, trying to hide my embarrassment. "As if!" I cross my arms as I give a huff.

Huedhaut shoots me a devious look, his lips curling into a crescent moon smile.

Wait a minute...that look...oh my god...

"You were teasing me?!" I raise my voice showing my irritation.

Give my back my heartbeats and all my embarrassing expressions I wasted on you, jerk!

"I couldn't just sit back and let you slip and hit your head. You can't afford to lose anymore I.Q points. Thank goodness you're safe." Huedhaut teasingly insults.

"Well, you..." I begin to say as I try to think of a clever comeback.

But I'm defeated as one never comes to mind.

"You were the one spying on a god. I was just trying to take a cold bath."

"Ugh! I wasn't spying!" I angrily say. "And who the hell takes a cold bath you weirdo!"

"Floating in the water relaxes me." He smiles.

Huedhaut turns away, and I happen catch a glimpse from under the towel that's draped around his waist as he walks. A black mark on his leg. Remembering the exact mark Ichthys showed me on his body.