Chapter 2

Ron's cov.

I went to England when I was 10 years old. It had been one year later after my parents got divorced. My mother had sent me over there to live with my father while she had stayed in Boston trying to build a better life for herself without any obstacles. Now, she is one of the biggest businesswomen worldwide. I like that for her, but I hated the way she had pushed me away. Despite the fact, I love her. And I miss her.

After I was done freshening up and changing cloths, I went back downstairs to find Carly sitting on my mom's white tuxedo sofa lost in thoughts. Well, I assumed that after I tried calling her for five times before she snapped up startled, trying to rise on her feet with all the instability she had in her. She almost fell before I caught her waist. It was so tiny, I thought to myself.

She pulled herself up in a rush and stood straight in front of me. She adjusted her glasses on her face before she opened her mouth to speak. "Forgive me sir, Ron, whatever!" I stared at her. She had this thing about her I hadn't yet discovered. "Are you ready? Should we leave?"

"Sure, why not!" I answered back. She stared at me and gulped before she turned and left for the door leaving me to follow her. I smiled.

Carly's cov.

"Where do you want me to take you?" I asked him. "I want to go see my mother!"

"Right now?" he nodded. "Well, she kind of told me to show you around town and drive you to places before I took you to her! Are you sure?" Why did I just ask that! I gasped. He wanted to go straight to his mother, and I didn't have to babysit him the whole day and I just ruined it.

His eyes were on me. I could feel it. It's as if he was listening to my thoughts. I turned my head to look at him. "Hey, it's okay. I can take you to Mrs. Whales right now. It's okay." "No, no!" What! Did he just change his mind?

"I just changed my mind!" he smiled. Why would he smile! It wasn't a good situation for me at all. "There is this place I loved when I was still young. I would like to visit the place." I rolled my eyes and bit my lip so hard. He was surely enjoying looking at me do that!

"Boston's nearly four centuries of history are showcased by the city's must-see sights. You start your tour on the Freedom Trail, which will lead you to landmarks like the Paul Revere House and Boston Common. Or discover Beantown's artsy side at the Museum of Fine Arts and its fashion sense along Newbury Street. If you're a fan of baseball, you can't miss catching a game at Fenway Park, home to the beloved Red Sox. Though blowing through your travel fund is a cinch in Boston. There are also plenty of things to do that won't cost you a penny; well, you don't need to hear that since you are rich, but I will say it any way. The lovely Boston Public Garden and the lively Faneuil Hall Marketplace can be experienced without opening your wallet."

I know. When my rage is up, I just can't shut up when I start talking. He was looking at me like I was some nut case. Well, I sure deserved that but whatever! Where did he want to go exactly!

"Wow. You sure know a lot about Boston!" he muttered after he was sure I had nothing else to say. I glared at him. He pressed his lips fighting back laughter.

"Really!" I glared harder. He laughed this time. I bit my lower lip. His eyes were on my lip before his lips stretched into a smile. "I want to go to the Boston Public Garden. It was my favorite place when I lived here." He leant his head on the head rest of the seat. I looked at him. "Well, that is weird cause it is my favorite place." He looked at me. "Why, I like the place too!" I shrugged before I started the car's engine.

The place wasn't far from Beacon Hill. It was a five-minute drive.

We got out of the car after I had parked it on the metered street parking. The underground parking garage was far, and it cost 12$ per hour.