Chapter 5

Ron's cov.

She looked unbelievable. Just like an angel fallen from heaven. My heart raced as I watched her stand under the spotlight looking at the audience, with fear in her eyes.

Her eyes called for help, and I just couldn't stand and watch.

I stepped up front and walked towards her. She watched me walk towards her with her brown beautiful eyes that made me just want to...melt.

I stopped in front of her, looked straight into her eyes and told her how beautiful she looked tonight. She smiled then bit her lower lip nervously. I could see it in her eyes. It's like in that dress, she couldn't hide anything anymore.

I stood by her side then gave her my arm. She looked at me for a while before she pushed her hand across my elbow. "Shall we?" she nodded.

We then walked down the carpet together as pictures were taken around us from all sides. She was so uneasy about it. I slowed my hand down her arm and took her hand in mine. She looked at our hands held together before she raised her gaze to my face, her eyes smiling with enchantment. She was now calm and secure. With her lenient firm hand in mine, I was glad I was making her feel the way she was feeling at the moment. But one thing was for sure. I wanted to have all of her to myself. Not just her hand, all of her! I was thinking to myself as I stared deep in her eyes before my mother interrupted as she walked on the stage with the microphone in her left hand. "Good evening to you all. I am so delighted to see all of you here tonight. It is a pleasure for me to see that I have people I can count on when needed. Thank you." The crowd cheered.

"I am not sure of how many people know this, but I am a mother. A mother to a beautiful boy who unluckily, I didn't get to see grow. We were separated when I divorced my husband. For 13 years he was living with his father in London but right now, I am so glad that he is here with me!" The crowd clapped. Carly let go of my hand when my mother turned her gaze to me. She turned the other side wanting to avoid any attention. "Let me welcome my son, RON WHALES!" Everybody cheered as they watched me walk up to the stage and hug my mom. "Welcome home, dear!"

"Thanks, mom!" I said as we pulled apart. "Tonight, is yours! Make the most of it!" she smiled to me before she walked down to her seat leaving the microphone with me.

"My thanks go to everyone that is here right now but most of all, to the people that arranged this for me!" I looked at my mother first, and then turned my gaze to Carly. She looked back at me her lips compelled together into a sealed smile.

Carly's cov.

My heart kept racing as I watched him turned his gaze to me every five seconds as he spoke. I could still feel his touch on my hand, and I loved the way it felt. The thought of it made me feel a jolt in my spine as my blood rushed through my veins. What I had been avoiding rushed out. My emotions were spilling out. Only because of one single thing he had just done for me tonight. 

I wanted him.

I don't think I heard the last words he said at all. I got back to my senses, as I watched his mother walk him down the stage and walk to their seats, next to each other. A sad feeling jolted my heart. I didn't think I was going to be seeing him or talk to him for the rest of the night. Miss Whales was probably going to introduce him to her partners from here on and for the rest of the night.

The party went on. Drinks were served, snacks were served, music was played, pictures were taken all over and me... champagne had become my best buddy of the night. I watched Ron from a far being introduced to great businessmen and their beautiful daughters. "No! It was nothing. He was just being generous!" I heard Miss Whales say to his partner and her daughter. "Oh!" the partner replied with a grin on her face. Her daughter smiled as she gazed at Ron. It felt weird watching that. I finished up my drink and placed the glass on the table.