Chapter 9

Carly's cov.

I had not told my uncle I was coming home. I was not sure how to. No matter what crazy thoughts I had in my mind, I was scared to hell. I had promised myself to never come back here. The place where I had lost everything. But here I was, back to where everything started.

I gasped slowly as I stood outside LAX. As I breathed in the air, I wondered what kind of life I was going to be living from now on.

I didn't wanna rest. I did not have time to rest at all. I had to go see him. He was now living in my parent's house. How dare he! I sat in my old living room and old memories came rushing back. Tears rushed down my cheek and I quickly wiped them off. He was not going to see me cry.

"Carly Johnson!" Jack entered the living room.

I rose up to my feet at the sound of his voice. I turned to look at him walk up to me. Rage filled me. I wanted to confront him. I wanted to ask him about my parents. It hurt so bad watching him. But instead, all I did was smile. "Uncle Jack!" I hugged him.

I was not sure what he would do to me if he found out I knew the truth about him. In fact, letting him know wasn't part of my plan.

"I was sure you were not going to come back! What happened?" He said as he motioned me to take a seat in my parent's old couch. Nothing much had changed in the house really. It sucked that they had taken my parent's house.

"I thought so too. But you can't stay away from family forever, can you?" I said with a grin that killed me inside. "But of course you can't. Its nice having you back home Carly!" He smiled at me.

He didn't mean that. He didn't mean anything he said to me at all. He was a jerk. He was a murderer. He killed his own brother for what, power! I clenched my teeth hard with anger as I watched him speak. He looked good. He was living well with what he had taken away from me and my parents. I wanted to kill him. No! I was going to kill him. Just not now. I was going to make him pay for everything he had done. I was going to make him go through what I had gone through. He was going to suffer. And in the end, I would kill him. Even if it was the last thing I had do.

I grinned.

He offered to stay for dinner but I refused. I said I would come back when his wife and son were around. I couldn't stand being around him for one more second without having to strangle him. I was now back in my hotel room. It was lonely. Ever since I heard about what happened to my parents, there was not a minute when my heart wasn't hurting. It felt horrible having to deal with all of it alone.

Ron!

I had pushed him away. Even if I wanted to be happy, I wasn't gonna be while I knew the man that killed my parents was out there.

I missed him so much. I could have just let him hold me one last time. Kiss me. With him I had felt invincible. I had felt like the happiest woman in the world. If I only knew it was the last time I would be with him. I had not told him I loved him. No matter how much I wanted to, it was for the best. I did not regret not telling him. I did not regret having pushed him away. He would have looked at me differently if he had known what had sent me back home. He would have tried to stop me. I did not want to be stopped or be held back by anyone. Facing Uncle Jack was a risk I was going to take alone.

I stood beneath the window, my arms wrapped around my chest, watching the sun set.

Ron's cov.

There was nothing else I could see a part from her image. She had captured all of me. There was nothing else I could think of. She had hurt me. She had left me behind. She had chose not to trust me. But I still wanted her. I yearned for her smile, her frown, her touch, all of her. I missed her. I did not know what to do. Two weeks had already passed and she had not tried to contact me. I was not going to do so either. She had made it clear enough she had nothing to do with me. I had nothing to do with her either.