Chapter 1; The Letter

A dark-haired boy sat placidly on a large bed reading a book. He was in a large room, and he was dressed like royalty. His hair was jet black and long, it fell down to his shoulders while his face was pale with a pointed nose.

He seemed tranquil, like nothing could bother him. The room was eerily silent, but the curtains were open wide to reveal a magnificent landscape of golden towers and greenery.

This boy was yet to know that his life would change in a few moments, that he would soon have to leave this room to go to school, a school where he would find people of his kind, special people, who he would relate to. Here, his mother was the only one who showed him kindness, taught him what he knew. His father seemed to want to distance himself from this boy, and he didn't know why. Odin (the boy's father,) seemed to favor his brother over him. He didn't know why.

There was a knock on the boy's large door, and he sits up straight to listen.

"Yes?" He replies.

The door opens without his consent, and a beautiful woman walks in. His mother. She didn't look like him, but that didn't bother him.

"Loki, I want to tell you something." She said, walking into the room and sitting next to him on the bed.

"Yes, mother?" He asks.

Loki Odinson was 11 years of age in human years. He didn't believe in the saying ignorance is a bliss, but he didn't know the whole truth. About who he was, about who he was meant to be.

"I wanted to tell you something." His mother, Frigga, tells him in a soft tone.

"what?" He asks.

"I've seen that... well, you're different." She says.

"Ya think?" He says obviously.

"Yes, I do. You aren't like the other Asgardians, you aren't like Thor. You're just as ambitious as him, though. Maybe even more..." she giggles and he chuckles.

"I don't think I'm like Thor either." He says. His brother, Thor, didn't look like him either. He had long blond hair and he was very muscular, but Loki, on the other hand, was quite skinny.

"No. and I know you love to learn, and you love the opportunities magic provides you." She says.

Loki's body fades into the body of another person, Thor. He's got a cocky smile and looks overconfident in himself.

"Yes mother, I do." Thor says, but In Loki's voice.

Loki turns back into himself, and his mother strokes his black hair. "But it's getting harder for me to teach you new types of magical skills, Loki. And Asgard isn't the kingdom known for magic. We're known as the warriors, and that's why you're not like them."

"And?" He persists.

She places her hands on his shoulders. "Listen. I know you aren't going to be very happy with this, but it's decided now."

Loki looked slightly bewildered.

"There's a school on Midgard that could teach you so much, Loki. I'm going to send you there to learn everything you can about their magic."

At first, he doesn't react, but then his face breaks into a wide smile. "That sounds amazing! What's it like?" He questions eagerly.

"It's called Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Frigga replies, relieved that Loki was excited. "It's a boarding school, which means that you sleep there with your fellow students. So you won't be able to see Asgard for quite a long time. You'll be able to visit for Christmas, Easter and the summer Holidays." She says.