VSA Part One

Like all things in Kirk's life, this too would not end well. He was only 15 as he stood in front of the instructors. They had unlocked his file after a year of him attending. He had lied about his name and home, his past hidden in a file so encrypted that he was surprised they had even unlocked it. Why on the day of his graduation from the Vulcan Science Academy though? Why couldn't he have disappeared before it was unsealed? 

He had been sent by the Tarsus IV Starfleet Academy to finish his education as he was a professor on the colony world that had been spared from genetically modified fungi due to his genius. He was to return to the Tarsus IV Starfleet Academy Campus in three hours but now... Plans would have to change for the young teacher. He met the stern eyes with the same look that Kodus received when Tarsus IV almost fell. Kirk couldn't help the memories that started to play in his mind or the rambling thoughts. He had rebuilt the colony, more advanced than any world they had learned about in school. Tarsus IV had become an advanced world due to the devices created out of the necessity to be more advanced than Kodus' army. Tarsus IV was classified as on par with Vulcan, maybe even surpassing the great civilization. 

They had advanced skin tight suits that would help one survive in any environment, helping to heal the body until the professionals could arrive. New ways to travel and communicate, three dimensional hard light that could become a weapon or a shield, portable force shields, new ways to create food sources. Tarsus was a strange place filled with all of Kirk's inventions that brought peace to the forgotten colony. They had built their own Starfleet Academy with the permission of the Federation and had just finished building their sixth starship when he had been accepted into the VSA. He had agreed to go on the condition that when he return, the colony had not fallen backward. He had left in the night, face hidden in shadow and none knew he had departed. He knew what could happen if the VSA, and Starfleet in response, knew that he was Doctor K of the Tarsus Academy. Tarsus IV citizens were under orders to not interfere with the rest of the galaxy until the threat level they possessed had been discerned due to the advances made in only seven years. Kirk winced as a voice called his full name.

"James Tiberius Kirk, a resident of Tarsus IV and missing from earth for the past nine years. The amount of academic achievement in your files is quite impressive. Why lie about who you were for the last year? I understand that it would have caused slight repercussions." The Vulcan seemed more confused by every passing minute of silence.