Step Eleven: Be Yourself

Ah.....one more after this one! Yikes! Take a look and enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment if you want. I love the comments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step Eleven: Be Yourself

Jamie wasn’t expecting it to be as silent as it was for as long as it was. She watched different emotions flicker through his eyes, and saw many that scared her. She didn’t know if she did the right thing. Maybe this was going to ruin everything.

                “Jamie…” He didn’t continue and eyed her curiously, as if he was worried that going to scare her away.

                “Just say it Tucker.” She was concerned.

She didn’t know if he was going to say that he did…or if he didn’t.

                “Jamie you’re my friend. I mean you’ve been my friend for a long time.”

                “Eight years.”

                “Exactly. I don’t feel the same way about you that you do for me.”

                “Okay.”

                “I don’t love you like that. You’re my sister.”

                “That’s alright. I just- uh- wanted you to know how I felt.”

                “Thank you for telling me, but I just don’t think of you that way.”

                “It’s okay. So um, I’m going to head home. I’ll talk to you later.”

                “Of course.” Tucker smiled, and she started to walk away.

She wondered if he would realize he made the wrong choice while she was walking away, and call her name. She turned over her shoulder to see that he was staring up at the sky.

She kept walking, and didn’t hear her name.

She refused to let the tears fall until she got safely into her room.

***

Tucker got into his car and drove to Peter’s house, where let himself in and headed up to his room. He knocked, and walked in to see Peter sitting on his bed with a sketchpad in his hands.

                “Hey Tuck, what’s up?”

                “I need your help.”

                “With what?”

                “Jamie told me to meet her today, and she told me she loved me.”

                “What did you say?” Peter asked as he put his pad down and listened.

                “I told her I didn’t feel that way about her, which is true. Now, I know that she’s in her room, probably crying. Fuck, I led her on Peter.”

                “What did you do?”

                “We fooled around before graduation one night. Not anything bad, I just fuck. I don’t know why I manipulated her like that. You told me that she liked me last year and I just continued to mess with her anyways.”

                “What would you like me to do?” Peter asked Tucker.

                “Can you go over there, and make sure she’s going to be okay?”

                “I’ll keep you posted,” Peter replied, and grabbed his wallet and car keys from his desk.

They walked out of Peter’s house together, and pumped fists before they went their separate ways.

***

Jamie was lying in bed with the lights off, and it wasn’t as it was late. She heard the door open, and didn’t turn to see who it was. For some reason she already knew who it was. Peter pulled back the covers, and still clothed like her, got into the bed beside her, and wrapped his arm around her stomach.

                “I’m here,” he whispered.

                “Don’t tell me ‘I told you so.’” She pleaded, with a tear-logged voice.

                “I wasn’t planning on it,” Peter pulled her tighter to him, and felt her shaking slightly. It wasn’t cold in the room.

                “Did Tucker call you?”  She whispered into the sheet.

                “Don’t worry about that now,” he replied, and started to hum in her ear so she could fall asleep in his arms.

***

When Jamie woke up, Peter was already awake and still holding her.

                “I’m sorry about last night,” She stretched.

                “It’s alright.”

                “Thank you Peter.”

                “You’re welcome.” He replied, and kissed her forehead. “Do you want to do something today- get out of the house?”

                She smiled. “I’d like that.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT VOTE BECOMEAFAN

RachelleRay* xxx :D