Chapter 8

"Brandon?"

I called to him before he entered his room. He turned around with his eyebrows raised and without hesitation I got up and ran up to him, crashing my lips into his as I hugged my arms around his neck.

Cat's POV

Brandon stood still and only moved to lightly hold my hip as I kissed him. I pulled away and he opened his eyes. He hugged me tightly and buried his face in my neck. My heart gleamed as I thought about how much he had been taking care of me despite my behavior towards him and myself. His videos are so creative and take so much hard work yet he still made time to take care of me.
"Thank you, Brandon. You're an amazing person, and I'm so glad I ran into you." I said with an elated tone. He pulled out of the hug and smiled so widely I thought his cheeks would burst.
"I'm really glad, too. I know it's been rough but in less than a month you've become one of most important parts of my life, " I teared up at his words and he wiped them away, then continued,
"now how about some lunch?" I nodded and we walked into the kitchen.

/time skip to later that night/

We ate in comfortable silence, aside from the sound of munching and breathing. Brandon broke it when he spoke,
"So, where did all that affection come from?" I furrowed my brows and tilted my head at him.

"You know...hugging me from behind, the whole kiss and whatnot. Where'd it come from?" Was he serious? Where did it come from? I put my fork down and just got up, walking away without saying a word. Guess the kiss was a spur of the moment thing but you'd think since all he wanted was to fuck he would appreciate it. I mean the dude threw away all my drugs and booze. Speaking of...I am all out of that shit.
"Shit." I half-whispered to myself as I held my head in my hands. I had just realized that I really would like to take a trip, and my magic gold dust just got flushed. I felt my head begin to pound, an unknown anger building inside of me. I knew it was from the denial of release. I had been addicted, but I didn't know it was this bad. I kissed Brandon, I felt a sudden need to show him that affection but I didn't deserve the same. Especially not after all he's done for me. After 20 minutes of thinking my head started hurting even worse. Ugh. I laid down on the couch, hoping to just go to sleep and wake up without this headache.

Brandon's POV

I quietly finished my lunch after Cat walked out. She's confusing me so much right now. First, she's kissing me. Now she's ignoring me. I don't know what to do, she's an amazing girl but her health is depleting. I got rid of the shit she had in her bag, that's a start to getting her better. I put all the dishes in the sink and walked out into the living room to find Cat curled up on the couch. My heart swelled at the sight of her. She's so beautiful. I smiled a little, then went to sit next to her. Next thing I knew I was passed out on the couch.

/I looked around as I wondered where I was, and what the hell was happening. My apartment, but darker. No lights, the floor was pitch black. I looked down, observing how I had nothing but pajama pants on. I don't remember changing into them this early...

"Oh, Brandon?"

I heard Cat call out to me. I was no longer sitting on the couch, but now standing in front of my bedroom door. Cat was sitting on the couch in her usual spot, but she looked..different. She was wearing a tight black dress with a plunging neckline. The carpet was gone, replaced with emptiness. She got up and her heels clicked as she sauntered over to me, her curly black hair was down and she had a lustful look in her eyes. She grabbed the back of my neck with her cold hand and kissed me. She kissed me and I kissed her back as hard as I could. I wished it had lasted longer, for when I opened my eyes again, it was over./

I gasped as I woke up, my neck sore from being in a weird position on the couch. Cat wasn't next to me, so I figured she was showering. I was so tired, I just stumbled back to my bed and went to sleep almost immediately. A couple hours later, my phone started ringing. I grumbled and looked at the bright screen. The number was unknown, but it was local so I picked up.

"Hello?"

Cat's POV

"Hey, Brandon. I need help, right fucking now." I said coldly into the phone. Brandon had asked what was wrong, but I simply said to meet me at the place we got pizza together.

"Okay..I'll be there soon." I hung up the phone and sat in the booth waiting patiently. The waitress had brought some soda, and I sipped on it for a while. After anxiously waiting, Brandon walked in and I waved him over.

"Hey, " he started as he slid into the booth next to me,
"what's going on? Why are you out here this late?"
"I just had to get out. I'm sorry." Brandon wrapped his arms around me and rested his tired head on my shoulder. I adjusted my short pink skirt and took one last sip of my drink. I rested my head on his and suggested we get going. I paid for my soda and we got in his car.

"How did you even get here?" he said as he started the car.
"My ex-boyfriend called and said he would meet me to give me my shit back. I left some money and my artwork there and he knows better than to keep it." Brandon just stared at me as I spoke about Wesley. He nodded and began driving.
"I mean obviously he didn't show up, but it was worth a shot." I chuckled. Brandon chuckled too, and said,
"That still doesn't explain how you got to the restaurant." I put my finger to his lips and let out a "shh" and he licked my finger.
"Ew!! You have no idea where this thing has been!" He laughed and I watched as he smiled. The drive was over when we got to a parking lot I didn't recognize.

"Where are we?" Brandon just put his finger up when I asked, and opened the car door for me.

"I thought you might like to take a walk with me," Brandon said as he pulled out the same blanket and fabric bag from our first outing at the park. We walked down a sidewalk, the sound of an ocean echoing in the darkness. We turned and started walking down a sandy, wooden walkway towards the beach. I got the message and took my shoes off. Brandon stopped and did the same, and we continued until we found a nice spot with a perfect view of the full moon. The moon was on the horizon, keeping the tides low and quiet. I was mesmerized by the waves as Brandon set up the picnic blanket and set out some fruits and mini water bottles. I broke out of my trance when he whistled at me. I turned my head and laughed,
"What?" Brandon pointed to somewhere around my butt and sure enough, my skirt had been blown up by the wind. I quickly pulled it back down and blushed so hard you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between me and a cherry tomato. Brandon smirked and popped a blueberry into his mouth. I flipped him off and sat down on the blanket, snacking on the fruit and drinking water. It was comfortable, it was calm and relaxing. I sighed contentedly, satisfied with a full tummy. I smiled as Brandon moved closer and held my hand on my lap. I looked into his eyes and felt the same butterflies I had when I ran into him. He dropped his smile and I did too, but he wasn't upset. I studied his face, his stubble, and his gorgeous eyes. He adjusted his position and moved his hand from mine to my waist. His lips were slightly parted and his breathing had slowed. I moved a piece of hair from his forehead and lined his jawline with my fingers. I returned my hand to my lap and smiled at Brandon. He smiled back but returned to his precious face. He looked at me, his gaze switching between my eyes and my lips before pulling me into a soft kiss with his hand on my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he laid us down on the blanket, and we broke the kiss. My forehead resting on his, our legs intertwined, we laid gazing at the stars as we held each other. My hand traced his collar bones, and I was dozing off. Brandon held me tightly and kissed my nose.

"I love you, Cat."