Chapter 6

Cat's POV

'Wow. Good fuckin' job, Cat. You mutilated your arms, and without a single thought of what Brandon might feel.' I thought to myself as Brandon munched on the last piece of his pizza. I had finished already since my pizza was small, and I waiting patiently for him to finish up.
"Ready?" Brandon asked with a mouthful of crust. I smiled and nodded and we got up, my arms stinging as he patted my back. We got in his car and he drove off, but we weren't going to his apartment.
"Where..are we going?" I asked with worry. He glanced at me with a smirk and said nothing. I mouthed an "okayyy" and scrolled through Instagram. People have been following me like crazy and although pretty neat, it's surprising. I looked through my notifications and noticed a ton of posts by Brandon that mentioned my page. I looked at his page with my mouth and eyes wide open. He had been sneaking pics of me. Some pics of me sleeping, some of me eating, a couple of me on my phone. Most of them were captioned along the lines of "she's so cute" and "dig this chick". I guess that explains why people have been following me. I closed the app and set my phone in my lap, and looked over at Brandon. I noticed his focused gaze, his jawline, his scruffy beard growing in. He looked back over and smiled, then returned his attention to driving. I looked back to my phone after it buzzed.

Messages
Wes: Hey im real sorry for treating you so badly, I miss you baby 😘 ill see you at home soon

I scoffed at his message and deleted our convo. Brandon kept driving and I was getting nervous.
"Brandon?" He responded with a light hum and I asked, "where are we going?" He stayed silent for a couple moments and then replied,

"I thought you might like a break from being stuck at the house, so I thought we'd visit the park." The park? Like the one we already went to? Kinda weird but whatever. Doesn't look like the same one though, I think that's the other way. He parked along the sidewalk, which was at a pretty steep incline. I noted all the trees along the road, and we climbed up the sidewalk. We turned a corner and the road stopped, rounded right before a chainlink fence with a gate. I acknowledged the rules about dogs, and we walked in. I don't remember much about it, except for the beautiful view from the top, gazing upon all of LA and the Pacific Ocean. The Hollywood sign looked so wonderful in this sunset light. We sat down and Brandon looked at me.

Brandon's POV

'Wow' I thought to myself. She just looked so incredible in this sunlight. I know she's in pain, I can see it in her eyes. I can tell she doesn't like it when I help her. She doesn't want to impose on my life. I wish I could convince her she's done nothing but make it better. She's a gem, truly, and I really can't wait any longer. She looked nervous as I studied her face, and I just smiled lightheartedly. She's so beautiful, and her personality is cunning. And to think, I just wanted to fuck her.
"What?" She asked with a slightly annoyed tone. I just shrugged, and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ears. I noticed her lobes were stretched a little. She also had an industrial bar. How had I not noticed? I spend so much time looking at her.
"Brandon it's beautiful up here but it's gonna be dark soon and it closes at dusk." She broke me out of my trance.
"Yeah good idea." We pulled ourselves up and without hesitation, I touched her arm, indicating I wanted her to face me. She let out a loud hissing sound and yanked away, looking at me with fear and anger. I pulled back a little, nervous I had hurt her. She burst into tears and started making her way back down the trail, I quickly followed but she was trying to get away from me. I felt sadness take over my body as I wondered what the hell I did wrong. Anger took over, and I found myself punching a tree over and over again. I must've been pretty loud cause Cat was looking at me with fear, and she took off running. I regained my stability and worked my way down, exiting the gate and walked toward my car. Cat was nowhere to be found. I turned on my car, and headed back to my apartment.

I arrived at my apartment and unlocked the door. Upon opening, I found Cat asleep on the couch.
"How the fuck did you make it back here before me?" She jumped at my sudden speaking, and after I turned on the lights she explained how she called a lyft, who happened to already be nearby. She seemed closed off again, and it got me thinking I wanted to ask her what was wrong.
"Well, I'm gonna go to bed. Night." I said like an idiot. She replied with a quiet 'okay' and laid back down on the couch. I went into my room and slammed the door. Stressed, I needed relief. I took a blunt out of my nightstand drawer and lit up. About an hour later, I was passed out on my bed. Cat knocked on my door and I jumped awake.
"Yeah?" I answered and she came in with caution.