Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX:

                I felt gross. Kissing Scott, the 23 year old wasn’t bad; that’s not what made me feel so dirty. Now kissing Mr. Tennings, the teacher, that was what had me feeling disgusting. I kissed a teacher, my teacher. Okay, he’s young and insanely attractive, but he’s still a teacher. Whenever I think ‘teacher’ I think ‘fat, balding old man who could easily pass as a registered sex offender.’ And here I was having one of their tongues down my freaking throat. The thought made me want to puke.

                Sure, that wasn’t the farthest thing from my mind when the actual deed happened. All I could think of then was more, more, more. But as soon as I grabbed my books for my next class out of my locker, the thought hit me like a ton of bricks. I slammed my locker shut, and practically ran out to my car halfway through the school day. So here I am, the showerhead of my en suite bathroom pelting by boiling hot water on my huddled for sitting in the bathtub. I couldn’t even stand for god’s sake. All I could think was pathetic, pathetic little slut.

                I don’t know how long I just sat under the hot water.  My skin was pruned, my eyes were sore and probably all red and puffy from crying, and I was still pathetic, sitting in a bathtub, with my knees to my chest and my head to my knees.

                “Tessa Angelica Wilkens! Where the fuck were you?” My bathroom door slammed opened as my best friend strutted into the bathroom and yanked open the shower curtain, paying no mind to my nakedness. She looked down at me in false sternness, but mostly, with worry. I was Tessa Wilkens, the perfect girl with everything. And right now, Tessa Wilkens didn’t look too hot.

                I felt horrible, because seeing Megan here reminded me that I ran out of school, in the middle of the day, without telling a soul. We tell each other everything, including everywhere we go. I never thought about how worried she’d be when I didn’t show up for Spanish.

                With one look in my eyes though, Meg forgot about how pissed she was at the thought of me ditching without her, and even the signs of worry were washed away, and the rare, motherly, and caring Megan Thresher took its place. She walked up to my shower and turned the water off, and grabbing a fluffy white towel off of the linen closet she held in open to me.

                I got up and walked over to her, new tears pouring down my face. She wrapped me up in the towel and pulled me in for a hug. She didn’t ask why I was crying, she just hugged me tight while I sobbed on her shoulder for what could have been hours.

                When me sobs turned into sniffles and hiccups, Megan patted my back and said in a soft voice, “Go put on some pajamas, I’m gonna go get us a couple of pints of bubblegum ice cream.”

                I nodded and mumbled something that I meant to be “I love you, Meggers,” but it came out more, “Uh (hiccup)  Luh (hiccup)  Yuh (sniffle) Uggers.”

                “Yeah, yeah. I love you, too, Tessie-Boo.” She responded back with a small smile and a gentle squeeze. “Now go get some clothes on. I can only pretend you’re not naked for so long.” Then slapped my butt, and smirked, making me burst out laughing. Okay, you couldn’t really call it laughing, but it was all I could muster up at the moment.

*                                              *                                              *

                Four hours, 2 Rachel McAdams movies, and 2 ½ tubs of Baskin Robbins Bubblegum ice cream later, I was done crying and Megan was well informed of my current predicament.

                “You’re not a slut, Tess,” she kept saying. “So you kissed an insanely hot guy who at least seventy-five percent of the female population would love to snog. That’s not even close to being a slut.”

                “I feel like Danielle Fisher, for god’s sake.” I sobbed at one point, when I started on my third tub of ice cream.

                It was silent for a few minutes after that. “Are you being serious right now Tessa? Like you are actually considering you’re as bad as Danielle?” She didn’t say it in a mean voice, instead she seemed genuinely shocked that I’d ever make that comparison to myself.

                “I’m worse.” I cried as I collapsed into my bed. “I’m so fucking worse.”

                “Okay, that’s it. Get up, sniffles, we’re going on a field trip.”

Author's Note:

Sorry, it's really short. I got a lot going on in life at the moment. I thought you guys would prefer to have a short, little teaser chapter rather than waiting another million months for a new one. I'll keep trying to write, but I have priorities and this can't be one. Please vote, comment, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! Thanks loves :)

Song is Same Mistakes by One Direction. They have been my babies since July 23, 2010 at 8:32 p.m.

<3 Jen