Prolouge

I sat on the couch stuffing chips to my mouth, and listening to the soft pitter-patter of the rain on the window. I slowly closed my eyes, condemned to sleep. A snow filled memory entered, and I stood under a bare tree, on Christmas Eve, crying.

Suddenly a tall boy, my age, appeared. "Why do you cry on such a beautiful night?" 'Why was I crying? I sniffled and wiped my face. "I-I h-have no friends! I'm lonely and I have no present from Santa claoose..."

He chuckled. "Well ill be your friend," grabbing my hand, and squeezing it tight, he leaned in. Something soft yet warming touched my lips. "and your present, Merry Christmas."

Blushing I called after him, "Wait! Your name! What's your name?" Every thing began to blurr. "My name is-"

I woke up to a sharp knock on the door. Yawning I touched my face. I felt something wet. A tear? "Why?" The sharp noise came again. Recklessly I stumbled to the door. Opening it I found a half naked boy, shivering in the rain.

Blankly I stared at him. "Who are you, What are you doing here?" The boy looked at me and smiled as tears filled his eyes. "I have no where else to go, and your my only family now, I've been looking for you and I've finally found you, Hikari..." his hand gently touched my face.

Then he collapsed onto me, sending us both to the floor. "What the, MA! A STALKER!! GET IT OFF!" My older sister came running down the steps first. "Who's that?"

"Hell should I know!? Just get him off me!" I tried to lift him off, but the weight was crushing me. Just then my mom came to the rescue. "This a friend of yours?" she lifted the dead weight off me and I scrambled free.

"Ha? I never seen him in my life!" My sister snickered. "Maybe its his boyfriend..."

I felt blush tear at my cheeks. "Whatever I'm not gay."

"Denial.." my sister giggled. I glared at her. "Mika, being with this dude would probably be a thousand times better than sleeping one night with you..."

"Fine then, that proves it-"

"Say one more word and ill kill you." "Stop it you too! Mika-chan, help me carry him upstairs to Hikari's room. He's burning up with a fever!"

Mika stuck her tongue out at me and ran to support mom. I moaned. "Why my room? The basements free..." My mother murmured something.

"Because he has a fever, Baka.." Mika teased. "Besides, he's too cute for the basement..."

"You can have him. I don't want anything to do with him..." I sat back down on the couch. How'd he know my name anyway?