Chapter Two

[Elizabeth's POV]

I didn't get even a wink of sleep that night. How could I?

Now I knew I was right about there being ghosts here, but that didn't give me the proud feeling I usually get when I'm right. Instead I just felt scared.

I couldn't tell my mom, she would never believe me. So what could I do?

The next morning I did as much research on ghosts as I could.

The best advice I got was not to acknowledge it's presence. That's going to be pretty hard considering it practically French kissed my hand.

To my good fortune, nothing paranormal happened for the next few days.

Today was just a boring Friday, and my mom said I could invite a friend over.

You see when I moved here, it's not like I moved to a completely different country. I'm actually very close to my old life.

My old school is just a district over, and my friends live close if not closer to me now.

So there I sat on my living room couch with my best friend Sarah.

"So this place is haunted, and you still live here?" She said with disbelief.

"Yeah. I mean I don't really have another choice. How are we going to find another place when we barely found this one?"

Sarah shook her head not knowing how to answer.

"Wow. I couldn't do that Liz. I would just crawl up in a corner and die. You know how much I can't handle scary stuff." she said.

"Well to me it's not just scary stuff, it's my life now." I said with a defeated sigh.

She nodded. After some silence between us she looked at me with a small grin on her face.

"So it...talked to you?" she asked in a giggly tone.

I stare at her suspiciously. "Yeah, why?"

"Well what was it like?" she asked as if her question was so obvious.

"What do you mean?"

She shook her head at me as if I were missing the whole idea completely, which I was.

"What did it sound like? Like a boy or girl? Could you tell anything about it? Did you see it?" she asked in a spit-fire.

"Umm..." I began. To be completely honest I hadn't thought about it that much. "It said, 'You and I both know that's not going to happen.' It sounded like it was laughing at me, and it sounded like a boy." I replied.

She took a moment taking this all in. "Mmhmm. Well my verdict is this place is creepy, and you should just move in with me." she finished with a laugh.

We both giggle for a while. "Well, as tempting as that sounds I think I'll have to decline that offer." I say.

She pouts. "Fine. So Anyway.." she trails on to another subject.

She tells me about a party she wants me to go to, and when I decline she reminds me that I'm 15 and that I need to at least try going to one party.

I keep declining, even when she goes down the list of all the cute boys that will be there. One being a certain Nathan Martinez, my crush.

I explain to her I simply can't go, my mom isn't even here so I can't ask for permission.

A few hours later Sarah leaves to said party, and I stay home on my couch watching TV.