I. Broken Vows

Azrael's POV
                     "Azrael, the first time we met, I fell deeply in love with you. I knew that you were the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Every moment we have spent together since the very first day has made my love for you grow. My heart, my soul and everything that I am belongs to you. You are the most amazing and perfect man I have ever known. You made me happier than I ever thought possible and I feel truly blessed that you have agreed to be my husband." He stopped. He looked at me in the eye an it was then that I have seen a steady trail of tears falling down his cheeks. He bit his lip before he continued while I wipe away his tears.

                     "So, I make these vows to you in the presence of our closest friends and family, or what was left of them anyway, He laughs a little at that, so that they may witness the promises I make, I solemnly vow that I will spend everyday doing everything I can to be the husband that you deserve; to support, love and cherish you, not only on the happy times but also in during the dark times. I vow to be your best friend, your soul mate, and most of all, your faithful husband."

He stopped once again, and, are those sniffles I'm hearing? Well, what can I say? It's not like I'm any better having tears in my eyes while he says his vows. He took a deep breath once more, and I held his hands for comfort.

   "No matter what life may throw at us, I vow that I will never stop loving you, will never stop caring for you and trying to be the best husband that I can be. I love you Azrael, my babe with every fiber of my life." He puts the ring on me kissed it, and before he let go whispered, "Ti amo, non possible vivere senza te".

"Racel, I take you as who you are, loving who you are now and who you are yet to become. I promise to listen to you and learn from you, to support you and to accept your support. I will elevate your triumphs and mourn your losses as though the were my own. I will love you and have faith in your love for me, through all our years, and all that life may bring us."

"I love you unconditionally and without any hesitations. I vow to love you, encourage you, trust you and respect you. As a family, we will create a home filled with learning, laughter and compassion. I promise to work with you to foster and cherish a relationship of equality, knowing that together, we will build a life far better than any of us could imagine alone."

I can hear my heart beating faster from within my chest, and add the fact that I can't seem to stop my tears. I looked at his eye and saw how a smile formed in those rose-colored lips which boosted my confidence.

"Racel, you are now my best friend. I promise to laugh with you, cry with you, and grow with you. I will love you when we are together and even when we are apart. I promise to support your dreams and to respect our differences, and to be by your side through all the days and nights of our lives."

He hugged me right after I told him those words and I can't help but add, "from now on, you'll be my first thought in the morning, my last thought at night, the run to tell them first and first one to go to when it all falls apart." And after we heard he most-awaited, "you may now kiss your man", his lips met mine and it is as though we were the only ones there as the kiss continues. And from that moment on, I knew that those arms, his arms that embraced me will be the place where I will await my death. Or so I hoped.

But as it is, nothing is butterflies and rainbows. This isn't sugar and spice and everything nice. This is the harsh reality that I have created for myself. A reality where everything, even a promise of eternity, will have to come to an end.

A/N: Hi, it's me, how are u readers? I know, there's just 6 or so of you as of the moment, but can u please leave a comment in the comment box so I know if I'm doing a great job or not? Ohh, and at least a star too if you think this work is somewhat good, and has potential. Thanks in advance.
-SilverAmber15