X. Waiting For You

Azrael had always known that Racel would never be completely his. When he got into a relationship with the guy, he knew he would never completely own the brunette. He knew but he still hoped. He hoped that someday, Racel would tell him he loved him, that one day, Racel would look at him with love-filled eyes again, that someday, Racel would finally be his.

                But after four years of waiting, hoping, longing and failing, Azrael started to get tired. His hope started to slowly dim. But he still carried on. He still hoped.

                He gave Racel everything: his body, his mind, his soul. He would even give up his life for the brunette if he was asked to. But to Racel, it wasn't enough. It was never enough, and it will never be enough for him to fall in love with the man named Azrael.

                And it hurt, it hurt Azrael to the core. Because, even if he knew,even if he had always known, it still didn't prepare him for the pain. It didn't prepare his heart for the bruises and wounds Racel inflicted on it. He was vulnerable, helpless, weak. And it was all because of Racel.

                Azrael's glance settled on the wall clock of their home. It was still 8:00 pm. The night was still young so Azrael waited. And he would continue waiting until Racel came home, if he came.

                If.

                At precisely 9 o'clock, the doorbell rang. Azrael's face lit up. Was it possible? Had Racel really remembered? The silverette already felt like he was on cloud nine with just the possibility as he ran as fast as he could to the door, only to be disappointed. Because before him was not Racel, before him was not t love of his life.

                It was yet another anniversary Racel had forgotten.

                Azrael's smile fell from his face as he saw Kenth. And Azrael could see the blonde was trying his best to put up a happy grin,

"Happy 4th anniversary, Azrael!"

               The blonde thrust a bouquet of flowers Azrael's hand before happily exclaiming, "Racel ordered them for you, you know? Aren't they beautiful? Calla lilies, your favorite. But he asked me to tell you he's sorry he couldn't come. He's been so busy lately especially with the merging we're about to have with another company so he asked us to come in his stead."

                Azrael's lilac eyes met Kenth's as he smiled ruefully. Lies. All of them knew it was a lie. But no one tried to break the fantasy that Racel's friends created for him.

"Is that so?"

              Azrael's voice started to crack, and he hid it with a cough.

             "Well, you guys should come in then and have dinner with me. I'm starving. It's a good thing I cooked a lot."

                At the corner of his eyes, Azrael could see Kenth, Pierre, Angelo, Seth and Reian looked at each other before they followed him. Lies. They knew it was a lie. They knew that Azrael already expected them to show up instead of Racel. They knew yet they pretended. And Azrael.. he was thankful for that. Because right now, all he wanted to do was pretend.

                Their group date as they dubbed it was fun and a laugh-filled affair. They talked, joked and played with each other, easily avoiding the topic of Racel's absence from their night. For just a few hours they would pretend.