Chapter 4 The Fairy's Confession

Walter

Walter was totally dazed. He paced back and forth, not knowing what to do while the necklace lays cold in his palm, its coldness is seeping to his senses making it dull.

He looked at the clock and read the bold numbers in their digital forms; it says 5:45. He wondered why his mother hasn't woken him up yet. He stood up out from the huge bed, ambled a few steps and eyed the necklace intently, probing its features carefully. He sashayed towards the door and opened it slowly while still holding the necklace and letting its pendant dangled in the air. It shimmered, and suddenly the memories from his dream flooded to his senses like he is recovering from having an amnesia. He blinked and rubbed his tired eyes, totally oblivious to the events that came flooding in his head —of which are bonafide and are not. He put the necklace in his pocket, walked into the kitchen, went to the sink, grabbed a glass of water and gurgled a mouthful of water. He stared at his reflection in the mirror, his eyes are stressed, his blond hair lays a mess in his head. He washed his face, letting the cold water washes away the wariness in it, he then grabbed a towel and wiped his face to dry it and walked into the fridge on a corner. A letter was tucked at the fridge's door, his mother's cursive writing met his gaze.

Walter,

Eat your breakfast and don't be late to school, okay.

Love Ya.

The letter reads. He untucked the piece of paper, crumpled it and threw it into the trashcan. He had always been hated to be taken cared of. In his point of view, being cared is a sign of dependency.

He opened the fridge's door, pulled the uneaten lasagna from last night and microwaved it in the oven. Minutes later, he ate unenthusiastically, gnawing the food distastefully as if what he's eating was bland. He finished eating, brushed his teeth and went to the shower. The water. . . the fresh encounter with the Rusalki chills his bones as he took his bath, every drop is a memory of a nightmare that taunts him continuously until he rinsed himself.

He changed into a V-necked white tee-shirt and black jeans, wore his red-hooded jacket, got the lying necklace on the bed and put it inside the pocket of his jacket. Lastly, he wore his black socks and pulled his sports shoes from under his messy bed and get his feet in.

He glanced at the alarm clock on top of his mini-cabinet, the digital numbers show 6:59. He ignored to hurry, instead, he pulled the necklace from the pocket of his jacket and probe it again, wondering why it is so cold. He touched the triangularly-shapen golden piece of shard that dangles on the verge of the fine-grained cords. It sent shivers to his spine, there was an inscription written on the glass, he looked at it carefully, studying the small letters, "AISHAH," its small all capital-lettered word reads. The shard shines and a dazzling golden light hit his vision that made him close his eyes.

Blinking, he saw a holographic face appearing on the glass, the image smiled. She has a cute baby face and slanted eyes, her grey eyes were mystified and her hair was disheveled.

"Aishah?" Walter guessed.

"Yes," she replied timidly as she fixes her messy hair.

"Why, um, why are you here?" Walter stammered.

She blinked her eyes several times before she replied back while taking a deep breath.

"Ariadne Mae has given me to you?" She guessed, caressing her hair with her delicate fingers. Walter nodded, he seemed uncertain of why he nods.

"That, arrogant, good-for-nothing fairy. If she hadn't had bumped into me, Enchantress would have had healed me, would have had returned me back to normal, and would have had returned me back into Mammo's arms," she grumbled.