Chapter 31 Dark or Light?

Ariadne

Ariadne certainly knows that Walter is intelligent and thus he is not putting them in a grave situation which they have just escaped from.

She looks into the colored hazel eyes of Marcus which are still as cold as ice, like they were carved from it. Marcus shrugged from her staring and kept his distance as he moved near John.

The cloudless sky was still in its disoriented coloring, the round fullmoon is radiating red rays which are continuously illuminating the surroundings.

John attempted to touch the black globe of bubble that trapped Walter and Audumla, and just like his earlier tries, the bubble just shook and nothing happened. The purple mists only covered it as if to protect it but only dissipate after. John's tired face was determined, he lets out a heavy breath, inhaled fresh air and tried again, this time the bubble shook with purple sparks after the mists dissipated into thin air. Marcus just observed him.

"Do you think it is wise of him to act on his own?" Marcus asked John who only looks back at him defiantly. 

"Certainly not. He's said it. He said we're doing it together, now he's on his own."

"Are you worried?"

"Of course I am, it isn't just about him, he's gambling the safety of our world. And he's doing it on his own."

"Why do you care so much of the world? Did it do nice to you?" John chuckled from the question that he seems to be almost laughing his lungs out.

"Why are you freaking asking me that question? I've killed my brother, defied my mother for this freaking world, because it's so freaking nice to me. Great just great isn't it? My life is so messed up and you're asking me that darn question?" John laughed sarcastically. Guilt rushed over Ariadne's face for Marcus's stead, but Marcus's face didn't even look bothered.

"Why do I keep doing this? This isn't what actually I wanted to do in the first place, I don't even know why I did flee in this situation. All I ever wanted was to find and save my sister, yet look at me now, I'm saving this damned world that condemns me, and where is my sister? Oh how sweet fate is, how fair life is as what you say. It's fair right? Isn't it?" The questions have Marcus taken aback that he moved away from the annoyed John.

"I'm sorry," was his simple reply and walked away while John sat at the sand, his sullen face was flushing with rage.

There was a dreary silence looming in the air. Ariadne still feels guilty over the questions Marcus have asked to John. She did also, she also didn't know the reason why she's here, all she has ever done in her life was to be a burden. She was a burden to her brother, to her master, to her friends now. She was even the reason why Audumla had been freed from being cloaked in the past. What is she doing here in the first place if all she ever brings was to be a burden, to be the catalyst of chaos?

"John," she speaks softly as she walked towards him. "I apologize for what he'd said. We both know it's going tougher and tougher, we're in this together and the important thing we must do right now is to be united, we need to help each other in order to get through this."

John looks up at her.

"In this together? Ha—hahaha, seriously? You're telling me that? You should have told that to Walter instead. And one more thing, don't apologize for your, whoever that creature he is to you. I don't need your apology." He stood up and walked to a nearby boulder, he glowed his hand and shoots the boulder, breaking it into the size of the pebbles.

She shouldn't have made the situation much worse. Ariadne's face creased, now she certainly doesn't know what to do. There's still one more thing she could and that is to wait. She closed her eyes and prayed, hoping that her prayers might helped them in surviving this ordeal in their lives.