Chapter 12:

-3rd person-

'living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
it's getting hard to be someone
but it'll all works out
it doesn't matter much to me'

John Lennon was a work of art, she thought. Him and McCartney really knew how to piece words together, heck even George and Ringo did too. She laid in her bed as the music blasted from the radio. There was four hours left until practice so she just laid there listening to music for the past hour and a half. She didn't even go get breakfast. There was no use, everyone was either going to glare at her or make remarks and she wasn't in the mood for it.

"I brought you some food" said Julie handing her the in-n-out bag and the drink. "Thanks Jules" she said taking the bag and placing her drink down. "We talked to them and they're not really mad. I'm still working on Jesse, Charlie's not that hard to come around. All you need to do is talk to Adam" she said stealing a fry from the bag. The girl nodded taking a bite of her burger and smiling for a bit. "Also we have to meet with Ms McKay in a bit so you should get ready" Julie smiled at her and walked out of the room.

Putting on some pants on and a turtle neck sweatshirt with her white keds she walked out into the hallway with her food and the drink in her hands. Everyone was waiting in the lobby for the bus. They stopped their conversation to look at her but she was too busy with her food to even care. There was no available seats where they were at so she took a seat on the couches on the other side. Moments later the Icelandic team piled up inside one by one and all drenched in sweat from their practice. Gunnar came in and saw team USA and searched frantically for Phoenix only to spot her away from her team.

He walked over to her and smiled at how distracted she was with her food. "Hey Miss USA". This caused the girl to look up at him and smile. "Hey sweaty" she said chuckling at how drenched he was, "Tough practice?".
"Never too tough for a tough guy like me" he said making her chuckle. "So why aren't you with your team?" he asked looking back at the ducks but they were already staring at them. She looked at them and locked eyes with Adam before she looked down. "They hate me" she said trying to smile but only frowned. "Who could ever hate you?". "My own team".
"They don't hate you. They're just jealous because you're hanging out with a much more athletic and handsome person" he said making her roll her eyes playfully. "Well I'm glad that cheered you up a bit. I have to go but Ill see you around?" he asked as she nodded and he walked away. She continued eating her fries when she heard Connie calling her. The bus was finally here. She got up from her seat and walked outside immediately regretting on what she chose to wear. It was extremely hot. She got on the bus and everyone was either glaring at her or avoiding her.

How convenient that the only spot open was next to Adam. She hesitated before sitting down. She shyly smiled at him but he looked away. She sighed loudly and sat down. As he looked out the window she couldn't stop herself from staring at him. She liked him a lot but had such a hard time expressing it and when she finally wanted to show him, things spiraled out of control. How she longed for holding his hand, caressing his cheek and kissing his soft lips. She hadn't realized she was still staring at him until he cleared his throat making her snap out of it. He was now staring at her too. She looked down at his hand wanting to hold it so bad but she knew he wouldn't let her. Instead her fingers playing with the hem of her sweatshirt was her new distraction. The bus came to a stop and they were at a park that had a lake. That's where the teaching would take place today.

They got off the bus along with Ms McKay and they sat down on the grass or the picnic table benches and paid close attention to their teacher. It was hard for Adam to pay attention when he had the most beautiful girl right across from him. She too was not paying attention. She was lost in her own thought playing with the green grass. He too longed to be with her but that didn't mean he wasn't mad at her. She lied to him and blew him off to hang out with Gunnar.