1

Michelle rubbed her eyes and stretched her legs before she sat up. She grabbed her phone, which had woken her up because someone was sending her a bunch of messages, which caused her phone to vibrate loudly against her bed.

peter hey

peter are you awake

peter im bored

peter i can't wait for school to reopen

peter there is zero crime to handle

peter i hope you're awake :/

mj no I'm sleeping

Not even a second later, did Michelle's phone start ringing obnoxiously loud. Her eyes widened, and her finger slammed down on the answer button, before pressing the phone to her ear.

"Peter, what the fuck!" she hissed, "The walls of my building are thinner than you, half my building probably just woke up!"

"MJ I'm sorry! I- I wanted to ask you something."

Michelle smirked, as her eyes landed on the clock next to her bed. "Parker, it's three AM. Is this a booty call?"

Peter gasped. "No- no! Why would you say that?"

"Because it's late, and I'm like, attractive..." Again, Peter gasped, perhaps a bit too dramatically.

"Shut up! No- I just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out- for friendship purposes. Hope that doesn't sound weird or anything."

"It isn't, spidey. Swing on over. Get it, because you're-"

The phone line went dead, and Michelle threw her phone onto her bed.

Rude.

She looked at herself in the mirror, wondering how Peter would react, seeing her only in her bralette and shorts. Michelle snickered at the thought, throwing on a baggy red sweater.

Michelle's stomach suddenly rumbled loudly, and she took this as a sign to get some food, stepping out of her room and into the dimly lit kitchen, grabbing a few bags of chips from one of the cupboards.

Michelle's mom worked a night shift at a popular bar in the city, while Michelle delivered food during the summer. Of course, her low pay was questionable, and she hated funding the corporate monsters whose wallets only became fatter at the cost of her hard labour, but she needed the money.

So, Michelle rarely saw her mom, but one perk of this was that she was always home alone, so it was still peaceful.

Well, most of the time.

Michelle walked back to her room, cringing when one of the floorboards creaked very loudly. She walked slower, gingerly pushing her door open and closing it.

Michelle sat back down on her bed, looking out the window and waiting for Peter to arrive.

After a minute or so, Michelle could see him in the far distance, swinging around in his ridiculous red and blue outfit, while carrying a backpack.

She finally saw him do a massive jump from an opposite building, and she held her breath in anticipation and fear.

But, after what seemed like an eternity, he landed right next to Michelle's fire escape. Even though she couldn't see his face, she could tell he was grinning through his mask, like the idiot he was. Michelle automatically rolled her eyes and opened her window to let Peter in.