|Chapter 21.Doomed! |

I open my eyes to see my parents and his parents hugging and congratulating each other. I watch the happiness reflecting in my parents' eyes. They look so pleased, so content. Our parents turn their attention to us, and start approaching. I plaster a fake look of happiness across my face.

My father kisses my forehead saying, "I'm so proud of you Nandini, you have made me so happy today!" I just hug my father and bury my face in his chest saying, "Anything for you dad, anything..." My mom comes forward and gives me a kiss while running her hand over my head. I smile looking at her gleeful state.

I look over to see Ranvijay Uncle and Nayonika Auntie waiting to get their turn to welcome me to their family. I bend low and touch their feet to take their blessings. God knows I'll need as much as I can get to live with that devil of a Monster. Ranvijay Uncle hugs me like my father just did, while Nayonika Auntie compliments my beauty and etiquettes. What can I say, I was brought up with manners unlike someone I know! That stupid prick threatened a girl! I'm not saying I'm all innocent, but come on that was not cool!

Soon after, they start discussing wedding plans. I am forced to sit next to Manik again. He sits closer this time, while I find it difficult to distance myself on this small loveseat. He starts to play with my fingers and traces small patterns on my hand. I give him some nasty looks, but they only seem to encourage him. I tune out of my parents conversation knowing that these marriage plans will only depress me. I just look towards Manik, who looks quite happy yet at the same time remains mischievous.

After some time, I notice Ranvijay Uncle and Noyonika Auntie rise from their seats. Manik gets up as well and follows his parents, who are standing at the door talking to my parents. Manik notices that they are in deep conversation and turns his attention to me. He lowers his head so he is close to my ear and whispers, "Smart move sweetie!" He pecks my cheek quickly before I can stop him. I grind my teeth as I see him wink at me. He just follows his parents out the door, while my parents seem like they are in one of those trances about how I have grown up so quickly.

I turn around and walk up the stairs trying hard not to let any of my emotions come out. As soon as I shut the door to my room, the tears I had been suppressing for so long come pouring out. I sink to the ground, with my back against the door. As the meaning of marriage continues to sink in, I feel even more frustrated. If only that night had not occurred, I could have never been cornered like this. No, there has to be some method of escape! There has to be a solution to this! Think, Nandini THINK!!

Let's analyze Manik's options. So, the first option is the obvious one. Marry him and submit myself to living in hell forever! I was stupid enough to pick it, but there has to be an alternative route that I haven't considered yet. Option 2 is don't marry him. That sounds perfect, but the obvious flaw is that he will tell my parents about my pregnancy. Stupid tattletale! Seriously, is he four years old? Maybe if I make fun of him, he will stop... oh, who am I kidding! Ugh! Anyways option 3 is not even a possibility. There is no way in hell that I am going to kill my own child! I may want out of this situation, but I'm not that vindictive. It's time to think outside the box...

OH! I got it! I can kill him! It's genius, no Manik so no marriage! Oh Crap, I'll be in jail... Okay scratch the homicidal plan! Hmm maybe I can blackmail him somehow... damn I've got nothing on him! I'm really doomed to spend my life with him aren't I? There is another option I haven't considered yet. Suicide. That would mean, no Manik, no marriage, no life, and no me. Shoot, I would end up killing my child and my father would still end up on a hospital bed. Oh, man I really am royally screwed. My emotions start changing from anger to sadness.

Thinking about my life with Manik causes my vision to blur. The unshed tears soon fall and my eyes focus on the big picture on my wall. It was of my parents and me, when I was quite young. I wipe my tears, realizing that I have to do this, for them. My world may turn upside down, but knowing that my father is in my world will be worth the pain. I don't want to live in a world without my parents, I wouldn't be able to handle it. I don't know why my life is so full of pain, but they say everything happens for a reason. I don't know what that reason is, but I will find out eventually... hopefully! With these thoughts I slowly get up from the floor and throw myself onto my bed, falling asleep.